Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Number downloads for you app ?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thats Super Awesome Man, you've definitely found your optimum

Now I return to my weekslong debate over whether to release at 1 or 2. Guess I'll flip a coin. Nonetheless, its good to hear that there isn't a steep drop at $2.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also think about what you'd do confronted with an app you see. At $0.99 for me it's usually a no-brainer and I will buy without thinking about it, not much money to lose if the games a turkey. At $1.99 I stop and think and I'm less likely to buy, something has to appeal about the game to make me buy it - daft as it's not much more but that's what happens in my case. So perhaps the question is if you think your game is better than $0.99 and if so go for a higher price.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's worth noting that you can under-value a product as much as over-value one. If you walk into your local game shop, and see a game on the shelf for 99p (or $0.99 / $1.50 whatever :P) that you have never heard of, your first reaction is likely to be "whats wrong with it" rather than "thats a bargain". So although a $0.99 app might appeal more to some users, it might also put some users off. Then it's worth asking do all the extra sales from those $0.99s add up to more than the sales from my $1.99s.

Seems to be a very difficult situation to come up with a solid answer for .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I imagine every app has its own distinct cost/revenue curve. The purchasing rate will always fall with higher price, but the slope matters.

For the apps without lite versions, it could just be down to screenshots and description that determine the distribution. For some apps, the optimum income will be at 2, and for some, it will be at 1.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is true and you're going to have to try it and see what works. But don't forget buying retail and buying on the app store is very different. People still expect to get a quality game for 99c on the appstore and that price point is very common.
    Andy H @ ovine.net
    Awful Jokes - a new cartoon every day: http://awful.ovine.net/
    Ovine's games: http://www.ovine.net

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @DistantJ

I was impressed to see your sales figures.

What day did they peak? Was it the most sales on launch day, the next day, or a few days after etc?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most sales came the day after launch day. There was another spike during a temporary price drop.

I found that lowering the cost to $0.99 created a second spike, but after the spike the sales were more but profit was actually less (they need to more than double to match the profit margin) so I do better at $1.99.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DistantJ, did you start hammering the promotion right at release, or after? Im specifically referring to Crazy Mikes, and sending your promo codes out.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys,
    I just made Miballs free after 4 months at 69p.
    I will release an update at some point in the future which will have a link in to my new game. (a dark platformer with an engaging story and emotional overtones - which will not be free) I have seen others make games free to get them in as many grubby paws as possible then lay on a bit of product linkage and it seems to work for them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone tried releasing at a free price point for a single day to possibly drive sales for the following day?

Ive been reading about how the app store ranking algorithm works, and evidently its based on recent download counts. Im wondering if its possible to spike that ranking for a day and then benefit in the short term from the elevated ranking in the store.

I may be making invalid assumptions here about how their ranking works.... maybe they use different calculations for paid v.s. free apps ...

http://www.readwriteweb.com/start/20...-algorithm.php

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast