User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Time since exe launched

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time since exe launched

is there a built in way of seeing how long the game has been running since launch or should i use a counter?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use the "timer" expression from the timer object.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LB,.that sounds interesting. How would this be saved. Ok,.say you play your game for 10 minutes and X out,..come back later how can that 10 minutes be added to the current time played. I've seen this before in games where it say's "you have played this game for X amount of time? How can this be done. Would you have an example of this. Be great to add to any game. Maybe just the amount of minutes a player has played the game. Cool little add-in.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You realize you can set the timer to a value? It is literally the only action under the counter object

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry LB,.I know how that's done and didn't mean for my post to sound like I didn't know,.but how would you save the data from the counter and add it every time the game is played? Would I need to save this to a file then have it load when the game is launched? This is what I'm looking to do,.the player plays the game for x amount of time say 5 minutes. Then the next time they play it for 10 minutes. When they bring the game up for the 3rd time and so on,.I would like it where it keeps adding the total time played every time. Does that make sense? I only want to save minutes for simplicity. To set it up,.I would just use the event "every one second",..add one to counter,.but I want to save that on exit and then add it when the game is launched again every time. Would I use an INI and if so what would the code read to have this happen?
    Thank you,

John

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use any object with saving abilities, and in all honesty saving milliseconds will make your life easier than trying to save minutes. Having to deal with a counter object and make events for it is extra work

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry about that LB,.I meant seconds not minutes! I'll try to do this but have no clue how to save this and load it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ini object is a very basic file saving/loading extension.
    A tutorial is available here:
    http://www.clickteam.com/website/usa/img/uploads/tutorials/download/ini_tutorial.pdf

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SortaCore,.thank you for pointig this out. It's what I was looking for as I never used an INI before and had no clue how it is used. This totorial will be perfect for learning. Thanks again!!

John

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok,.after following the totorial,.it still isn't working like I want it to. Ok,.this is what I have. I have an initialization frame that an INI already exists for level selection that saves the levels that the player has been to and can't go to the next level until the player beats the current level. What I also want to do is save the total time that the game is played and can't figure out how to do this. Any help would be great. Thank you.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast