Thread: Web Object for standard and developer

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Web Object for standard and developer

Hi,

following some ideas and using some features than can be ported for iOS and Other system i have made a new object(lite) for MMF2 standard and developer, using some features that can be ported.

So please, try and let me know if any error appears.

below the link.

http://g2f2media.com/mf2/WebView.zip

this version is not defined as beta, but it will depends on the works of others, so may change in the future.

Enjoy!!!
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems like a good idea

By the way i have a off-topic question, since with WebX it seems based around the IE browser, would it run HTML5 ok? A while back i had some jQuery working great but i think i read somewhere IE did not support HTML5 too well yet but i will have to do some testing when i get some free time from my current projects.

Also if you have not seen them yet i recently found the WebKit and Chromeless projects which might be useful for this type of thing but i don't know enough about them to know if they can be used to make MMF2 based extensions however but still maybe useful in some way.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hi Atom,

That is correct WebX and WebView2 relies on IE, but never runs as IE9 browser since there are security difference,but you may get until 40 and no bonus points out of a total of 475 in the web browser, and for sure with no canvas support, since webbrowser and web server were intendedly design for http.

You may use http://html5test.com/index.html, to check this value and other depending on the security flag you set and the behavior you allow in the properties.

Yes i checked in the past webKit and chromeless, but they have 9 mb or more of extra dll to do the parsing and the javascript and vbscript engine, so was not a choice to do simple html parsing and javascript and vbscript execution in the past.

in my believe for IHTML5 a specific object should be implemented.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks for the information i was thinking it might be this way, if anyone ever makes one a HTML5 object would be great. Since it's text we can easily export it from MMF2 now but it seems pointless to do that type of thing without a real canvas display also.

The possible downside about using IE is it seems for IE9 they now require a update to Windows 7 so it's possible any objects based on that might not work with Windows XP. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible for a browser to support HTML5 on XP since Chrome and Firefox etc all work fine but i guess MS wants to make money that way now so there is not much that can be done unless they change that later.

Anyways though thanks for the new object, i was testing it yesterday and the examples seems to work great, i like the idea that it will be available for other systems also.

Btw - In one of the examples there was a text error as i think there was a button that said something like Run Java but it runs a Javascript function.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks Atom,

In the button should says "run javascript", i forgot to change after run a java inside the webview, object, if you have some time, please test the object running a java application inside.

We have to wait for a microsoft update, be sure that it will come out in a short time, the problem is that there are many features in HTML5 that are still reviewed and they are a big changes inside the webbrowser, keep an eye on http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/

also you may try this http://www.benjoffe.com/code/demos/canvascape/textures in your explorer and in the webview object you will see that is it possible to use canvas in Javascript, but again you have to code the example to take key control to use inside mmf.

just to mention, since i start to code this object, i realized that there are many ways to obtain the same result with the object, also one thing that is important to mention (i receive many email and PMs) is that javascript will required to be well coded as the web page (just to say, that you may have a web page shown correctly inside IE but will give strange behaviors inisde webbrowser) so please to ALL USERS, use a debug tool to review your web page before to run in MMF, it will make your life easier.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Fernando,

Quick question, is it possible to detect clicks of a button on a page? If so what elements am I looking out for? Primarily Javascript contained within the page...
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hi DannyC,

Not neccesarily, depends on the creator, but please try tagcontrol example, because you can have a button inside a form that can be. The clear or submit. Or have an image acting as button.

With the example set the url you want and read all element and identify the one you want, also controlform example show how to point to a button inside a form.

Let me know if you need any help.

I forgot to mention that is better to use webx object
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes I'm trying them Fernando. Thanks for the response!

I'll have a bash today and let you know the outcome, plenty of examples to work from I see!
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Hi All,

Here you will find the new version for WebView2 object for windows OS.

http://www.g2f2media.com/mf2/WebView.zip

now you may see HTML5 pages, just to be sure that the final user or you, have IE9 or IE10 installed.

Enjoy!

EDIT
    Attached files Attached files
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello FVivolo,
    Do you have any plans to port WebView2 object to other OSes? E.g. iOS?

Regards,

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast