User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Game Crash?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game Crash?

Does anyone know why a game I'm working on would crash in Direct3D 9 display mode and not crash in Standard display mode? Are there extensions that I can't use in Direct3D 9. It's really strange, because it only crashes in frame 3 and everything in frame 3 is the same as the other frames except for scrolling in the frame that crashes. BUT if I run the game in Standard mode,.it's fine and doesn't crash!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make a backup of your MFA, then strip out stuff until it no longer crashes.

See if you can figure out what's crashing it?
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it crash for everyone or just you? If it's only for you try updating your video card drivers and/or direct x

Edit: Nevermind. If it works except frame 3 then there's something going on there. Do what LB suggested. Though I guess it never hurts to keep your drivers up to date.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys,..I'll give it a shot.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well,.I'm using an INI. I delete it in the 3rd frame,.now it loads the 3 frame, but that doesn't make sense at all, because I'm using the INI in the other frames and they load fine. Very strange....

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried ticking the Create before Frame Fade In option?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LB,..you are a genius! You are the man!! It's fixed and working perfect. How in the world did you come up with that? So I should do this in every frame with the INI? I would imagine so, since I'm using fade-in/fade-out transitions on every frame.

You should write a book.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the issue is commonly that the Start of Frame events happen before the fade-in, and some objects don't exist yet. It's a very common crash.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you again LB. I do have another question,.why would using Direct3D 9 be any better than using Standard display modes. What is the difference? Why would one be used over another?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Direct3D let's you take advantage of the users hardware (i.e. graphics card) to have more horsepower to handle lots of objects at once, as well as parallax scrolling with layers which can cause slow down without HWA. Basically, if you're game is slowing down, try D3D9 mode and that should clear things up for the most part. You also can take advantage of shaders to add special effects.

A simple game like Solitaire or something wouldn't need D3D to run smooth, but D3D defaults to software mode if a user doesn't have a GPU that can run D3D9. Only real concern would be that windows controls don't work with D3D, but there are workarounds. I always make everything in Direct3D 9 by default anymore. Not much of a reason to not use it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast