I have created a very simple platform movement.
The player can move left and right, jump, is affected by gravity and can collide with Platforms.
Event editor is simple;
Part 1: MAIN
- X and Y Movement forces like gravity and Player input ( jumps/ LRmovement ) are 'set' in AltValues
Part 2: X MOVMENT
- Player moves in the X direction
Part 3: X COLLITION DETECTION
- X collition detection according to which direction Player is moving ( left/ right )
Part 4: Y MOVMENT
- Player moves in the Y direction
Part 5: Y COLLITION DETECTION
- Y collition detection according to which direction Player is moving ( up/ down )
Still sometimes, too often, Player ignores the Y collition ( with ceiling ) when jumping and treats the overlap as a X collition at the next frame.
I can spawn this "bug" by keeping jumping back and forth between the two 'red x marks' ( see .mfa attachment )
Why is this happening? I cannot seem to figure it out