User Tag List

Thread: Substring replace Object...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Substring replace Object...

I've checked through all the posts that I could find on the Substring Replace Object. The example , Replacer.mfa, is close to what I'm trying to do. I want the user to be able to enter their name in an Edit box in frame 1.
    This would then replace a name in a string in Frame two. The string would be in the form of " NewName has decided to take holidays........" ( it's a childrens story. ) The replacer example shows a list box containing the string,
    Could I use another object to hold the string? and not have to write the code used in the replacer.mfa example, as I'm not even sure where to place it? I don't use MMF often enough but hopefully this will now change.Any help is appreciated.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use any objects you like. The only thing Substring Replace actually needs is for you to use the expression from it. It takes an existing string, a string to find, and a string to replace the found string with, in that order, and returns the string with the replacements made.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks LB.......is there a more straightforward extension available?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, this is actually a really simple extension and you will find nothing that is more straightforward.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he just wants to concatenate two strings, not replace a substring. In which case no extensions are needed at all, but simply the + operator.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you explain more how this works? Is there an example? I really cant get it to simply replace part of my string with another string.

It seems to me like the $ReplaceSubstring command is actually an action within an expression so I have no clue how to use it. For example, what should the $ReplaceSubstring ("sourcestring","stringtofind","stringreplacement" ) be equal to when comparing..It doesnt make sense. I hate these extensions that don't have any help or documentation with them

Thanks

oh wait i found an example here: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/94965-Remove-characters-from-a-string