User Tag List

Thread: How To Store Ini Files In An Application

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How To Store Ini Files In An Application

I'm tring to convert an application that uses ini files that store a lot of numerical information. The numbers loaded from the ini files do not show up unless I add the application directory to the ini file name, even when these files are in the same directory as the mfa file. In Flash mode, the directory options are greyed out. So, how can the application get to the information in the ini files?

I did a search and found a post that mentions that Flash can get to the information if the ini files are stored as binary files in the application, but I could not figure out how to do this. Any help appreciated.

Steve

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, I've figured out how to store the files as binary files. But when I try to extract them, that option in the Special object is greyed out.
    Steve

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If you do not specify a pathname, the INI file is created in the Windows folder. This behavior is the default behavior since the existence of the INI files. Yes, you have to specify the pathname to use an inithat resides beside your application, this is not a bug, this is normal. But the problem is that with ini files beside the application, they wont work if you install the built application in the program files folder.
    Flash does not that the pathname into account, only the name of the file. The INI files are created in the Flash temporary area. If you want to use a pre-defined INI file, just add it to the binary files of your application, and the INI object will read it.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can someone elaborate on the way that you're meant to use INI files with existing content in Flash applications? I have a set of levels defined in an INI, and it's readable on the iPhone - adding the INI to binary data and compiling as SWF, though, makes the game act like the INI isn't there (when running on the local machine). Does it sound like I've missed a step?

It's also worth mentioning that when I change this application's build type to SWF and run it from MMF (with the normal runtime, not as an SWF) it crashes - possibly I'm doing something that the Flash INI doesn't expect...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well if it crashes, I would welcome your application mfa.