User Tag List

Thread: Is the 'Xbox gamepad object' incomplete?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the 'Xbox gamepad object' incomplete?

Hi
    I just started to use the 'Xbox gamepad object' to controll my character using the Xbox controller when testing on Xbox.
    I dont know if the object is unfinished, but i find some desired functions missing.
    If i go
    New condition --> XboxGP --> Sholder buttons
    i only see 'left sholder is pressed' and 'right sholder is pressed', theese are the 'LB' and 'RB' buttons on the Gamepad. ( button 3 and 4, picture below )
    But why are not the 'LT' and 'RT' buttons supported? ( button 1 and 2, picture below )

Even when i do
    Allways --> set Counter to, XboxGP 'find pressed button'
    the Counter reacts to the following buttons
    A = 0
    B = 1
    X = 2
    Y = 3
    LB = 4
    RB = 5
    Back = 6
    Start = 7
    Left stick pressed = 8
    Right stick pressed = 9
    Dpad up = 10
    Dpad down = 11
    Dpad left = 12
    Dpad right = 13
    LT = produces no change
    RT = produces no change
    Also, i cannot see a way to get the directional value of the Left and Right Sticks ( buttons 7 and 9, picture above ).

In my platform game, im controlling my characters Left and Righ movement using the Dpad which feels very clumsy, it would be much better and smoother to controll the characters left and right movement using the Left Stick. ( buttons 7, picture above )

Being able to read the direction values from the L and R stics would be very usefull when creating TopDown types of games.

Being able to read the direction values from the L and R stics would also be usefull for controlling simulated mouse pointers in applications and games.
    Is support for LT and RT buttons currently possible, or will it become possible?
    Is directional values of the Left and Right Sticks currently possible, or will it become possible?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can read from the sticks and the triggers. They don't have any conditions, but you can read them using 'compare two general values', then you can get the value position of each of these.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a reason they dont have conditions like the other buttons?
    What seperates them from the other buttons is they have different pressure levels i guess.

Anyway, the buttons are readable
    Thanks

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really sure, but it doesn't really matter since you get the same functionality and you can get various states from the triggers (from 0-100).

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The triggers and sticks aren't buttons (well the sticks do have buttons, but you can test for them normally).

So the button conditions like with A,B,X,Y etc can only be 'yes' or 'no', but you can't have that for the sticks or triggers because they can be a range of values as PixelatedPict said.