User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Is Java Dead?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Microsoft not allowing Java on future OS's is like pizza without cheese! I would put BIG money on Java sitting comfortably on all MS's future productions until the end of time!

Edit: Btw, does anybody know or have a link to any data on Java mobile distribution and downloads in 2012? With Android and iOS dominating the market especially in the last two quarters it's hard to find any statistics on whether java is worth still developing with in terms of mobile games...
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nivram View Post
    I hadn't heard about that. I wish companies would quit peeing on each other.
    Reminds me of how a certain community is treating its rivals for the most part.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just read in a Anaconda discussion that Java is deprecated. I hadn't heard this officially.

Any thoughts or comments?

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where is the link? If it's true then that is really annoying, why would clickteam ever want to do that when it adds a load of extra value to owning the software?

If it's some reason linked to HTML5 and hating on plugin based platforms like java thats even more sad, i think people forget they still need to download a new browser so it works correctly with updates so HTML5 updates are probably more annoying than flash and java because those are usually faster to get, Thats just talking about web plugins though... why would you ever want to get rid of java standalone as it's potentially just as powerful as the C++ runtime but cross platform.

Edit -

I found the post now - http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=70933&p=524542&viewfull=1#post524 542

Could someone from clickteam please confirm, explain etc if this is true...

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Surely it cannot be true, Java is still dependable and alot of developers still use it whilst alot of clients still want it. I +1 Atom's post.
    Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Who said that? The Java exporter is not at all deprecated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mathias said that in this thread - http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=70933&p=524542&viewfull=1#post524 542

It seems like that was false information or misinterpreted which is a big relief, it's great news to hear that it's not deprecated. I hope Java remains and will be a export format for MMF3 also as it's great to have available.

Thanks Francois

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly didn't read that.
    He said it was portable and implied it was a better alternative, but didn't really deprecate Java at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mathias wrote this -

>>This is not the case for the Flash/Java runtimes (the former is sandboxed, browser-only, and the latter is deprecated - both runtimes are relatively slow).

"the latter is deprecated" makes it sound like he was saying the Java runtime was now deprecated which i am guessing is what Marv thought as well. Anyway though it seems that is not the case which is good.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5