User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Virtual Height/ Width

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Virtual Height/ Width

EventEditor --> StoryboardControll --> Set Virtual Width, Set Virtual Height

I made a test application with counters, but i cannot see any difference even if the values ( Virtual Height/ Width ) are below 0.
    What does Virtual Height/ Width do?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frame Width/Height specifies the size of the frame that is shown to the user.
    Virtual Width/Height specifies the size of the frame that can be scrolled to. If set to -1, you have quasi-infinite space in that direction.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frame Width Heigth dont change the the size of the frame i can see ( i can allways see the gradient background no matter what ), it however seems to instantly destroy/ hide objects wich are outside the Width Height area, if i increas the area again they dont reappear ( see attachment ).
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's actually working. The problem is you can't see it because you have nothing scrolling. The play field is getting larger, but have to scroll. I uploaded your example with an object set to 8 direction movement with scrolling set. I even added a backdrop outside of the playfield and expanding it made it visible. (I didn't have the backdrop in the edited example I posted, but easy enough to test yourself).
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shawn, your version doesnt do anything new for me ( other than scrolling a few pixels ). I place 32x32 backdrops outside each corner of my frame, but they never apear no matter how high or low i set the frame Width and Height.
    I dont get it, whats supposed to happen?
    Is there something worng with my version of MMF2 or am i missing something here?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah that's really odd. It worked fine on my end. I have no idea why it wouldn't work. What build are you using?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MMF2 Developer Build R254

Shawn, could you post a coupple of screen shots illustrating whats happening on your end?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm using Build R254 as well. Ok here's a pic
    resize.jpg

The active on the right is outside the original play area (it's the active I set to 8 direction movement). It expanded as I pressed W as you can see with the counters. The backdrop on the right was placed outside of the play area originally and is now inside it as you can see. It will keep on expanding as much as you like.

Is that what you are attempting to achieve? Or am I misunderstanding?

Also, just to note, you can't shrink it smaller than the original size of the frame. And it will always expand using the top left 0,0 as the starting point. so anything placed outside of the play area on the left or top won't ever show up. So, let's say you wanted to make a level taller and your window is 800 x 600. If you change it to be 800 x 1200 you have to move everything down. It won't expand up, only down.

One time I wanted to make a level grow taller. I got around this problem by using fastloops and looping through an array to create my background. When I changed the level size, I erased the created objects, ran the loop again this time place them at coordinates for the new size (so, if the floor was 600, on the second loop floor was 1200). Then I changed the player's Y coord to be at the bottom.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works ok on my end too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see, thats not whats happening for me at all.
    This is how my frame looks:
    ( see ScreenResizeRAW.PNG, below )

This is whats happening at my end ( counter values are the same as in your screenshot ):
    ( see ScreenResizeTest.PNG, below )

Even if i fullscreen the window, the objects outside the frame are not visible:
    ( see ScreenResizeTestFullscreen.PNG, below )
    Thank you for helping me out Shawn.

So, should i report this as a bug or something?
    Images attachées Images attachées

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast