I will start from this post to comment on things that work and those not in the Android Exporter, all based in the port of my games of iOS to Android. Currently I have a Samsung Galaxy SII with a Dual Core 1.2 GHz and 1GB RAM and resolution of 800 * 480 pixels. Superior performance at an iPhone 4S.
First I will talk about Color Machine, a game that is already published on the iTunes Store, is a puzzle game with retinal resolution (960 * 640) in automatic landscape. Apply fill to resize function to automatically the Android exporter me adjust to the screen (800 * 480) of SGII. The results were excellent because they did not feel a drop in FPS in the game, but there are some graphics artifacts in some sprites, as I show in the picture attached.
In addition, the gems that fall through the cave have a movement path and all should be at the same speed, IOS and Windows works fine, but some gems here move a little faster than others. Another problem is the audio, which sounds choppy at times and the worst is that I have 4 MP3 audio that alternate every minute in the application, this does not happen. When it reaches the second minute and command other MP3 playing on the same channel 1, this does not change and still playing the last.
So far these are the problems I encountered with the conversion of Color Machine.
Note: Some of the tubes where they fall colored gems, you see a 1 pixel black box that marks the court's sprite.
Now for my game Mazinger, which is an action game that is under development and running in IOS, here if I notice a lower memory management compared to iOS Exporter (and these things I have spoken with James and me has given his explanation), so I deleted enemies and animations to make the game run, all with some success, but very limited, plus I've noticed that Android Exporter can not load all the animations of the main character and although move only shows the animation Stopped (1 frame) and the other placed a white box as shown. This source code of my game I sent it to Francois and safe should be reviewing, but I assume that this happens is a management problem of graphics memory. I will keep reporting the progress and would like feedback from James and other members of CT.