User Tag List

Thread: Dying Platform Character

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dying Platform Character

Was wondering what the best way to suspend a dying platform character that has walked into a pit of dispair... normally would fall through the pit as platform default, I just resurrect the character after that... but I'd like to suspend the character in the obstacle, flash it and then let it either fade or just dissapear, then respawn... So, I guess my question is, I have a sensor and character glued to it tied to the platform object extension falling off a platform... how to suspend for say 2-3 seconds, show a dying animation and then dissapear and respawn someplace safe :-) Thanks for help or hints!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK in your event you wanted to suspend the character, if you're using the platform movement object like I think you said, put a "test for obstacle overlap" condition from the PMO at the very top of your event, then do an action with the PMO that's "selected object overlaps an obstacle".

You can also set the maximum X and Y velocities, gravity and jump strength to 0 but then you'd have to remember to reset them all.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I meant a pit of bubbling muck, I wanted to suspend the dying char before respawning. Thanks for the ini suggestion I can see where that would be of great use but I don't need an ini, I just set up a platform program so if the player falls through a hole and gets past the bottom edge as long as lives > 0 reposition to a chosen safe place near the pit or on the level. Corlen gave me what I needed, what to tell the platform object to do.. Is there any good documentation on that object? I see conditions for jumping and left and right movement but what about up and down movement like during climbing?
    Thanks for help!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Netflyer165 View Post
    but what about up and down movement like during climbing?
    Thanks for help!
    Use additional Y velocity and set the gravity to 0 or something like that and then reset the gravity and set the additional Y velocity to 0 when the player gets off the ladder. That's what I did anyway in my platformer game that uses the PMO.

For additional velocity, negative values move the object up, positive values move down.