Thread: Issue with new version

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Issue with new version

Hi,

First of all, i will like to mention that in this day i am using and testing the SWF exporter and i am very please with the perfomance.

I only want to point something, I made a small hangman game in swf and post it in Mochi, this was done in april of 2011, I don´t remember the MMF2 build used in that moment, you may see and test at
    http://www.g2f2media.com/hangw.html

In this day and because the new build is out I want to update this game but found some strange behavior in android.
    I upload the new version in my web page, (when I say new version only mean built with # 254), you may see and test at
    http://www.g2f2media.com/hangw2.html

And here is the problem:

The version one (Old) works very nice in my tablet android (gtablet from viewsonic) using flash 11.1.1.116, with no problem, good speed and everything.

But when I tested the new version I found that I have to press twice over the letters to make it work in android.

Please someone else can confirm this!!!

Anything we can do to fix this? And make works as before?

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    So, the problem occurs only on your tablet, and only witht he last build. And you game works fine on a browser. Strange. I did a search on the Internet and could not find anything.
    Could you do a very small MFA application that demonstrates the problem and post it here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this is related, but it might be.

In the app I just released, I have trouble clicking certain buttons in the iOS version, but this issue doesn't come up when running on the PC. The buttons have large transparent areas in them, as do yours. I improved the click accuracy on the PC by turning on box collisions, but this improvement did not translate to the iOS version.

maybe related ?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Francois View Post
    So, the problem occurs only on your tablet, and only witht he last build. And you game works fine on a browser. Strange. I did a search on the Internet and could not find anything.
    Could you do a very small MFA application that demonstrates the problem and post it here?
    Hi Francois,

Not only in my tablet (Gtablet) i tested in a Galaxy S5570 phone with the same result, i don´t have any more , but this behaviors should happens in any Android OS that is running the SWF.

i add a new example here

http://www.g2f2media.com/TestX.html

and the mfa is attached, observe that you do a tap in a active object that works as buttom and regular button to jump between frame, but when you press the fisrt time to the active it does not respond (adding or subtracting the counter each click) and you press the regular button and if acts like the active adding or subtracting according with the last tap.

In the example i try different way to verify this, in the frame 3 that you press the first time the active and the yellow box is moved that work as marker to detect a collision move but dont change the counter and you press in any space of the frame and the counter change.

kinase
    Not sure if this is related, but it might be.

In the app I just released, I have trouble clicking certain buttons in the iOS version, but this issue doesn't come up when running on the PC. The buttons have large transparent areas in them, as do yours. I improved the click accuracy on the PC by turning on box collisions, but this improvement did not translate to the iOS version.

maybe related ?
    Thanks for you to test can you confirm this situation using the IPAD browser also can you give me the link so i can test here.
    And if someone has a tablet can also confirm this.

Francois, I will ask to other that have tablet to test and confirm this

Thanks again Francois to test and check this!
    Attached files Attached files
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I do not have an Android tablet personaly, but I asked Jamie to run your app and tell me what happens.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks Francois!
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I agree that doesn't work very well Fernando.

We need to narrow it down to exactly whats wrong because when I do this it works fine.

Click test -- creates an active object on the Android tablet when I touch the screen.

I wonder if the size of your app compared to the size of the Android tablet display is causing a problem?

What happens if you build the app the exact size as your android device?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    158 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hi Jeff,

The example you show works correct because it does not involve an active object, that why i prepare another one so you may test for the one condition that is not working.

please check this
    http://www.g2f2media.com/TestY.html -------> a new example, trying to narrowing the situation.

In this test you will find some bitmap button in shape, transparency and size, they work perfect, also the user click with left button, and this is also working correctly.

But please, test the Third frame you will see this a regular condition, "user click with left button on Object" and this is not working, please pay attention and try

1.- Press the active object and press over any place of the screen and it add to the counter, seems like all the area (frame) is the active object in the second time.

2.- Press only the bitmap button is substract correctly, once for each tap.

3.- Press the active object once and press the bitmap button, sometimes it does the adding and subtraction at the same time, and sometime it acts like the full area frame as mentioned in point 1.

please check this http://www.g2f2media.com/hangw2.html

and you will see that if you press the letters and press in any place of the frame it trigger the click, but to be sure also do this, press "creditos y opciones" it change the color detecting the first press but it not reacting until you do a second click, in this i am using "User click on a Object"

the strange thing here is everything built with the first swf exporter works like a charm and it is the same, only a new built with the last exporter, please try this.

http://www.g2f2media.com/hangw.html

using the same frame size, click areas, my best guessing is that in the second exporter a flush for sysclickevent was introduced, something that clean the click buffer, this only affects active object and not button, button as bitmap, no matters the size and the transparency.

I hope this is well explained and sorry for my english.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo