User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: First shots of my next game

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First shots of my next game

OK so I'm going to put these quietly on here... I don't want them leaking out all 'first shots of Awesome Land developer's new game', lol, plus the game's in very early stages so it'll have a lot more going on than this, but I'm really liking the graphic style so far. Wondered what you guys think?

Essentially, I've come up with an interesting and unique style of touch gameplay which is very fun and addictive, but I know there's no way of convincing people that something plays well without actually giving them a test drive until the reviews come in, so I decided I needed to redesign the look of the game to make it particularly visually appealing, and I just kept thinking of a glowing look, like the forests in Avatar at night time. I want to make it far more detailed and beautiful than this so that it really stands out, but I wanted to know your responses to it so far?

So my question is, do you look at this and go 'Whoa, what's that? I'd like to try it out!', or could it be better? What would you add, to make it even more visually appealing?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks completely fine as it is to me, real nice. if you make the trees, red and blue bushes different layers to scroll that will look great in motion.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It is visually appealing to me, I really like the colors and the cartoonish style. Now I'm curious to try the game.

Here are some thoughts:
    - Everything in the screenshot seems to be illuminated at nighttime, but this is not really the case for the frog. So to me the frog looks somewhat "pasted over".
    - I would add even more glow around the glowing elements.
    - The bushes and the grass are too much thin compared to the other elements.
    - I agree with Diablohead, parallax scrolling will add to the wow factor of your game.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That looks amazing DistantJ! What did you draw that in?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    This looks really cool!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the art style, good work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa, what's that? I'd like to try it out!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad the responses are the way they are, that's what I was hoping for. I hope people on the app store will similarly say "Whoa, I'd like to try that out!".

Thanks for the criticism too, Olivier, it's extremely helpful. I have made Freddie (the frog) glow now, and exaggerated the glow on the bugs:

Better with or without the glow on the frog character? I can't decide...

The background layer does scroll parallax style, yeah, though it only has two layers of parallax (one still, one half speed) for the sake of saving memory with all these alpha channels.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know DJ, it could go either way. I think the frog was ok before, but its not "bad" now either. Game looks really fun. how long before it comes out?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the frog was fine without the glow honestly. Frogs don't glow and the enemies are fire flies. I'd do it the first way. I also don't think the foliage is too thin. It softens the background a bit with the trees. If you had it all with the chunky cut-out look of the trees it would be too jarring I think.

I do like the increased glow on the fire flies though I'd keep that.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast