User Tag List

Thread: Border outside screen

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Border outside screen

I sometimes place big backdrop objects around the frame to prevent the player to be able to see outside the frame window if they adjust the size of the window in flash. The problem if I do not place backdrop objects around the frame, the player can see objects that they are not supposed to see outside the frame. Placing these backdrop objects is a very clumsy but only way I can think of to solve this. Is there some faster/better way to do this then to place big backdrop objects all around the frame? It is especially clumsy when I have a big scrolling game. I have attached 2 images, the first is one with white borders around the frame so it hides the stuff around it if the player zooms out the window. In the second one you can see what happens without the borders.
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reported this a long time ago various times but i guess nothing was ever done to correct it. As for a fix without the devs changing the runtime or a new extension to correct it using some solid color actives to be over the frame is probably the best solution.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Flash FX objects "exactFit" feature actually fixes this. Although you might run into problems when using the Flash Player object (check this post: link). Ideally this would be possible by the exporter itself and not via an extension.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TechVision View Post
    The Flash FX objects "exactFit" feature actually fixes this. Although you might run into problems when using the Flash Player object (check this post: link). Ideally this would be possible by the exporter itself and not via an extension.
    exactFit is an option that works sometimes when you want the user to be able to make the game screen bigger or smaller. But for example my latest game I want to disable this scaling that is made with exactFit because if the player makes the game screen bigger the game starts to lag to the point of it becoming unplayable.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes ok I see that doesn't fix that problem. Some Flash "window properties" to deal with these issues would be preferable.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atom View Post
    I reported this a long time ago various times but i guess nothing was ever done to correct it. As for a fix without the devs changing the runtime or a new extension to correct it using some solid color actives to be over the frame is probably the best solution.
    Is it enough to place the actives below and to the right of the frame? (As far as I can see whenever you try to zoom out the gamewindow stay in the top left corner?)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also use a giant Active with a screen-sized transparent area as viewport for the playfield (uncheck follow the frame). Sometimes it sucks when you need to place objects in the editor. So I made a 32x32 image as first frame. The border Active doesn't slow things down too much if you disable fine collisions and save background.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be really good if this could be fixed!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put the actives on a non scrolling layer above everything else but size them so they cover the frame still, you could lock them after so they don't get annoying when working in the editor. I think that is basically what a few AS3 game frameworks do only they use rectangles/vectors or a masked area instead and just set it to always be above everything else.

Using exactFit is not a good solution, it would be simple enough to get around that and resize anyway. I think the reason people seem to have not taken notice of what i said when i reported this is they think it's a fix but it's not, i remember i tested on a few peoples games and all the out of frame graphics were visible. So simply put there is already a load of MMF2 made flash games out there now that can easily have the graphics taken from them.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atom View Post
    Put the actives on a non scrolling layer above everything else but size them so they cover the frame still, you could lock them after so they don't get annoying when working in the editor. I think that is basically what a few AS3 game frameworks do only they use rectangles/vectors or a masked area instead and just set it to always be above everything else.

Using exactFit is not a good solution, it would be simple enough to get around that and resize anyway. I think the reason people seem to have not taken notice of what i said when i reported this is they think it's a fix but it's not, i remember i tested on a few peoples games and all the out of frame graphics were visible. So simply put there is already a load of MMF2 made flash games out there now that can easily have the graphics taken from them.
    What do you mean by the last sentance about there being a lot of MMF2 Flash game that can easily have the graphics taken from them? How is this related to the problem with trying to cover the area around the frame?