User Tag List

Thread: HELP! application frame will not follow the main character/bounce off cloud from top

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP! application frame will not follow the main character/bounce off cloud from top

Vengence.mfaI have my character who flys/jumps to the top of a 10000 pixel high map. The window being 480 pixels tall cannot see the whole map. How can I get the application frame to follow my character as he moves up in the map?

And another thing, I made clouds in the image editor that the character is supposed to jump off of like in the game "doodle jump". My problem is that when he touches the cloud anywhere he bounces off in a random direction. How can i make it so he can only bounce off it straight up, and when he hits it when he enters from the top?

One last final thing* what is the best movement option in properties for my character? he bounces off of things, can be controlled with right or left arrow keys (direction) and so i can make it so he goes faster as he goes from level 1-3 (maybe you could tell me how to program this as well?)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Create an event that says

Always
    -->Center window position in frame relative to player character

In the event editor it's under storyboard controls (the icon with a chess board and a knight) > Scrollings > center window position in frame. Then select your character.

I use custom movement engines for everything so I can't really suggest any of the default ones since I'm not sure what the best option would be.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    how long does it take to crate a custom movement? and are there tutorials online?
    and THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On this page look for DavidN's custom fastloop tutorial. It will show you how to make a platform engine from scratch. http://www.clickteam.com/website/usa/tutorials/

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could also try using the Platform Movement Object, which is part of Bonus Pack 1. It makes the actual movement part a lot easier while still allowing for customization.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Platform Movement Object is a godsend when it comes to making platform movement games. It can also be used for multiple objects at the same time but you have to be careful doing this because it can mess up everything. I haven't tested it yet, but I believe it can even do reverse gravity and such.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I third the sugestion of learning to use the Platform Movement object...ESPECIALLY because fasloops KILL frame rate if you want to ever export your game to flash, Android, IOs etc.

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh mai gawd! thank you all i love this platform movement!!! my next problem is the clouds... how can i make it so he only jumps off the top of them? what would the programming be?