User Tag List

Thread: Card Shuffle animation?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Card Shuffle animation?

I'm creating a tarot reading app and I want to do a card shuffle animation to give the idea that the player has some interactivity with the cards.
    It dosent actually need to randomise or 'actually' shuffle the cards just look like you are with the cards face down.
    A good example is in this free app
    http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/tarot...345877801?mt=8
    It looks like something that MMF should be able to do (but I'm not clever enough to figure it out!)
    It dosent have to be like this though if anyone has some better ideas or can point me to some code for something shuffly?
    BTW I am creating this app for iOS.
    Any help is much appreciated

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can either make animations outside of MMF2 and load them in an active, then play the animation, or you can create a few card objects and move them at various speeds from a central point.

I'd go with the latter. Make a few copies of the same card object, and have them move in either sine oscillations or absolute value curves with varying speeds.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the impression he'd find that difficult, given what he said. I haven't dabbled with sine myself and maths isn't my strong point. It's a shame there isn't a more advanced MMF2 book around, since the two that I own are great but don't go beyond an intermediate level. I guess this is probably a RTFM thing, but advanced formulae isn't easy at all for someone without a strong maths background.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could use the circular movement built in MMF. Like picture this,..all the cards are on the table spread out and then they start to move in circular movement, counter clock wise and clock wise. That would look pretty good IMO. Just a thought.