User Tag List

Thread: App Promotion

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

App Promotion

Our sales will all be higher if we find the best ways to promote our creations. Ive seen some great suggestions in these forums, so I am listing them here along with a few ideas of my own. If anyone else here has had any particular luck with specific reviewers, magazines, or distribution channels, speak up!

My goal is to make a master checklist of places to upload a demo or people to whom we should send a promo code.

Reviewers
    ---------------
    * Crazy Mikes Apps will review your game, and create a youtube demo of it for a fee

Forums:
    ------------
    * Announcing game releases in the TouchArcade.com forums is an excellent way to get noticed.

Ads
    -----
    I opened a new hosting account through powweb.com and got $75 free ad credit for the following services. I'm going to try directing clicks to either my homepage or the app store.

* Google AdWords
    * Facebook

Articles about promotion
    ---------------------------------
    * bulletproofoutlaws.com - an excellent writeup

PAD Files
    --------------
    * Many years ago, when I was 16, I sold PC games created with MMF1.5. I had my own site, and sold through BMTMicro for credit card processing and download delivery. I had shareware demos available that I submitted to thousands of download sites around the internet. This can be done with PAD files, which are simple XML files that encapsulate your Authors name, company, URL, screenshot information, etc. There are portals and software out there that will submit your PAD file automatically to many thousands of shareware distribution sites. Its a relatively simple way to increase your link count to your main page and to get your demo out there. Some of these shareware sites however have a very poor appearance, so who knows how google treats them these days in rankings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portabl...on_Description

The one thing I regret, however, is using my full name in the PAD file. To this day, plenty of shareware download sites, many in foreign countries, still have my listings even though the games are long abandoned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres a great talk I found about releasing apps and getting them accepted by apple.

"Getting Your App Out There - Marketing from the App Store"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCh3EUgCfTA

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You rock! Thanks for the infos. Also handing out codes along with a press release to all the ios app reviewing websites will give you a chance to get a potential review out there. There are a lot of those wbesites if you just type ios game reviews in google. I'll post more infos once I've actually went through the whole process

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recommend not sending out promo codes willy nilly. Most sites won't end up responding to you at all and you won't know whether the promo code was used or not. If they are going to take the time to play and review your game, they'll contact you back for a code.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking we could do a write up for each others games on Wikipedia. Wikipedia is often the first site that comes up when you search. . . Anything.

Also, you can create a page for any game on www.mobygames.com

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wikipedia is a very good idea, I've been looking at doing this for a while. I don't see why we need to create each other's though, I doubt the staff can tell we made the pages for our own games, or that they would have a problem if we did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This page has an excellent list of places to send promo codes, along with visitor stats for each.

Not sure of how reliable this information is....

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/480...ites-amp-blogs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/ lets you submit a video. Just submitted the Clash Force trailer. Go into their contacts section and they have a link to "submit a video".