User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Birds Eye Golf released

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks good! I downloaded it and left you a review to hopefully give you a boost. I'm actually surprised that that "Exit" button got past the review, as I thought that Apple disallowed anything that 'quit' even voluntarily... but still, consistency and normal computer logic don't seem to be their strong points sometimes.

It's only now that I'm replying here that I realize how complicated the physics behind it must be - the game looks simple at first, but it takes wind, height and ground type into account - that's a very impressive engine I have to say it must be a vindictive course designer that routinely starts you off in the rough... as vindictive as the real-life course designer who made up the 17th at Sawgrass, which you've so faithfully recreated in the game. Thanks a lot!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First app I have seen with an exit button that quits the app.
    Great game! I just bought it, and will write a 5 star review in the Norwegian app store later today :-)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to study astrophysics Now I am a cancer biologist.... Needless to say, grad school doesn't pay well, hence me getting into this side business. I'm hoping to net a couple grand a year to pay for research I would like to get done in my lab. If I get a few more games out, hopefully I can do it!

As for the engine, I posted a description of how it all works here:
    http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=69337

... its really simple how I did it. Each surface type gets a separate layer, with a single pixel active in that layer for background collision detection. For each step, Im setting the XY coordinates of the ball. The lakes are all quick backdrops with gradients, and the fairway around the lakes is a border in an upper layer. This lets the water splash effects work.

Overall, the physics engine is quite realistic in that it obeys simple Newtonian Kinetics, however I'm still not satisfied with the parameters entirely. (Frictions, ball bounce coefficient of restitution, etc...) I'm not simulating the ball trajectory with any realistic units or anything. I just tweaked the parameters until they looked good.

Thank you kindly for the review. I'll download Running Free at some point and return the favor. That game looks awesome! I want to try making a puzzle game at some point, but it seems that level design might be challenging. Just how to do think of many variations and order them by how challenging they are? I always get bored playtesting my own games, which is probably a bad sign

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Aasland! Do you have any released apps that I can review?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem :-)
    Yes, I do, but please wait for the update.
    I will make a post when it's out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone actually indicated in a rating that they didn't like the fact that my hole flag doesn't point in the same direction as my wind

Its funny, since I noticed this during design, and tried making flag animations for several wind directions, but i never kept them since I didn't think people would care enough :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all - Im going to try making this game free for 1 day to see if I can drive up the userbase. I'm hoping this will get me more paid downloads tomorrow.

If anyone has the time to try my game and give me feedback, I would greatly appreciate it
    I am hoping to get a first update out in a weeks time, and I would love to hear recommendations for how to improve this game to make it better.

Thanks all!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/birds...0451?ls=1&mt=8

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2