User Tag List

Thread: Leaderboard Question

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leaderboard Question

I given up on the default Apple GC Leaderboard because of the orientation issue. So I decided to make my own Leaderboard Frame with the GCLeaderboard object.

I have it showing the scores through the text. Under properties, the identifier is correct with 0. Timescope, All Time. Get scores and name at start is checked. Show leaderboard is checked, hide scores is unchecked.

Nothing is appearing when I test it, what's going on?

Thanks!

Edit:
    I also have an event that's supposed to send the score (or the value of a counter) to Game Center. I look in my sandboxed users and it does not show a score. Maybe this is why my leader board is completely blank?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How many sandbox users have you used it with? No scores show up unless there are at least two players. If there is only one player/user on a leaderboard it will display as no scores. In sandbox sometimes scores take a while to show up.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just one test user and myself (set up as a sandbox user).

I just looked into Game Center, you were right, it is there now. And in my custom built leaderboard! Awesome, I guess I just have to learn how to be patient.

Thanks!

Actually, I just had another question too. Is the a way to detect if the user has an Internet connection? With no Internet connection, nothing shows up. I don't have MMF2 up right now, but I'd imagine an event, "No scores loaded, show message unable to connect to server."

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you perhaps upload what you did as an example? Several on this forum are a bit lost in getting the leaderboard object to work. Furthermore, a workaround of the orientation issue would be great to have.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, scores will only show when the player is logged into gamecenter so you could set it so that the scores show if the player is authenticated.