Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1000 creep tower defence

1000 creep tower defence

Hi all,

I was recently experimenting with a td formula and came across this so I had to share it. It may be of use to someone - i frequently see abandoned rts/td projects because of low unit count.

Having played around with other td/rts solutions this one totally blew me away. I can get 1000 enemies with little framerate loss in d3d9 and 400 in standard (running a q6600 with 6gb ram).

towertest.mfa

Included is a demo using just mmf loops and one using ForEach. For anyone still doubting the power of the foreach object check this out and you will be entirely converted. I would be interested in seeing what fps/object count others can get.

Cheers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I got the same results,.Wow foreeach is much faster! I got over a 1000 too with hardly any frame rate reduction on the foreeach example,.now with the loops example,.it was bad..! I'm using my work PC with only a 2.19GHz and only 2 1/2 gigs of ram. Pretty nice example SolarB.!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Blog Entries
    Thank you for sharing SolarB. Sometimes forum members just amaze me.

Marv
    ​432 MMF2 & CTF 2.5 Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Going to check this out later, sounds promising

Clickteam Clickteam
    Blog Entries
    Absolutely perfect example of how to use the ForEach object. Well done SolarB.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Blog Entries
    Wow , very nice!
    I got up to 3500 objects before fps dropped with the foreach and around 500 with the fast loops.
    Thanx for sharing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

This is perfect, thanks!

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Very nice! I get around 4500 using foreach before some minor slowdown. About 800 with the loops.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Now ForEach just needs the ability to run a Fastloop for all of the currently selected objects. This is extremely useful when, during a ForEach loop, you need to run a fastloop for each object. The current methods of doing this defeat the purpose of the ForEach object entirely...

Thanks guys, all credit goes to RomanX for his original:

http://romanx.webd.pl/down/groupai.zip

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast