Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pause Screen

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pause Screen

I am trying to make pause screen with various menu options. However, the only available command while in "pause" mode is "unpause when a key is pressed" so I can't actually execute any events while paused. Does anyone know a way around this? Is there a command that can freeze all events but not actually pause the runtime?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FinalSpecimen. I have an open source sub-application example on my website that you can possibly use.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use groups. If all you events are in groups,..you can pause the game by deactivating all the groups. You have to also stop movements and animations too. Don't put the deactivation button or however you want to pause the game in a group or you won't be able to unpause. When you deactivate all the groups you then can bring up a custom menu so you can do things you want to with the menu and everything in the background will stop!

Example:
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second using groups. Also, add qualifiers to all of your moving or animated objects. When you activate your pause menu Stop movement and Stop animation on that qualifiier group. Then when you unpause start them. It works like a charm. You can do the subapp method but I never really liked it. Plus, you have re-sizing issues with subapps (or at least I always did). Just create your menu on a top layer when you pause.

It might be a little more work but I think the outcome is worth it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All great suggestions, thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO,.it's the easiest way to go and gets the job done with no sub apps or complex code.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a problem with that pause app, that you can't edit inherit game settings such as sample volume, controls etc with the pause mfa that the Smanman posted. Is there a way of doing this easily? Also, it will work fine if you want an alternative pause screen to MMF2's default...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes you can if you don't have those events in a group or you can have the those events in a group but don't deactivate that group when you use my example. Whatever you don't want to pause leave that group activated or leave them out of a group.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's just a matter of how you set up your events, as TheSmanman said. You might have to fiddle with things to get it to work for your specific implementation but creating a custom pause menu system you can still have any events you want to run active while keeping only the specific things you want paused, paused.

Technically you wouldn't even need to use group activations. You could use flags or alt values as toggles in the events themselves, though flags/values in combination with group activation/deactivation would be the route to go in my opinion. Some things might not be as simple as deactivating a group and having things work as intended. You really have to fine tune it to fit your needs. Also, you'll most likely need multiple groups to activate specific things. Putting everything into one big "Pause Group" probably isn't the best idea.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Shawn, that's what I do. I don't put everything in one big group,.that would get sloppy. And as you said,.you just have tweak it,.but it does work really well when it all comes together. You could even go one step further and on activation of the groups when you select to unpause the game you could have a delay before everything starts up again. It would give you a chance to get ready again, instead of instant start up. Thanks for posting what you did Shawn. Awesome man!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast