Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Maker 2 and MMF2

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game Maker 2 and MMF2

I was just wondering, I am a MMF2 user, but I heard of many people using Game Maker 8 to make fan-games in the same breath as MMF2. Is there any advantage from using one program over the other or can you use them together to make a game. I also heard similar stuff with construct 2. I am just wondering what all the fuss is about...

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With GM you have to learn GML to make a great game. With MMF2 you just make great games.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With GM8 you can publish by yourself only on PC, with MMF2 on many many more platforms. Other platforms on GM need to be done by the company which owns that software.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL I like Marv's explanation.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, by looking at your registered products, looks like you've made the right choice.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can apparently make applications for Win, Mac and HTML5 using GM.
    http://www.yoyogames.com/make

I have been using TGF/ MMF my whole life, but have also tried GM for a while.

You dont need to learn GML to make games in GM, but as Marv said you need to know GML to make greate games with GM.

Its hard to explaing, but GML is actually pretty powerfull. With it you can declare and assign variables, strings, chars, booleans or even arrays to your Objects as you please, while Objects in MMF are limited to 26 values, 32 boolean and 32 Strings ( i thinks ). Creating Object Hiarchies in GM is very easy.
    In GML i have also come across many very neat and usefull functions, like a function ( i think i remember it was called 'move to contact' ) that moves an object from A to B untill it hits a solid, just like that. In MMF we use Loops to do this.
    I have also seen impressive topdown 'Pathfinding' techniques made within very short times with GM and GML.
    GM also has a Collision mask editor wich is a neat feature. In GM you can also rotate the entire Frame wich is cool, and i think GM can create real 3D ( not just pseudo 3D ) games far easier than MMF.

What i found really horrible about GM though ( dont know if this is still the case with newer versions og GM ) was the general Interface, how you create animations and the Animation Frame Editor, it just made me wanna give up.

As allready mentioned MMF can export applications to many more platforms than GM wich is cool.
    The GML scripting language's not horrible at all to work with once you learn it, but compaired to MMF writing pages of code in text form to achieve your desired results takes way more time than a coupple of swishes and clicks with the mouse in MMF.
    I find MMFs event editor much more compact, intuitive to work with and easier to navigate than a long scripting document. Also MMF editors like the Animation Editor is just a dream.

Im MMF all the way, but GM does have its advantages and strong points as well.
    When it comes to creating games/ applications fast and easy, MMF wins for sure IMHO.

Im MMF all the way.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried already some GM games.All them was very huge for loading game in start and takes times and CPU and RAM specially for old machine.and you can't see this something in MMF at all.It was one main reason for choose MMF for me.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have any experience with Construct? My biggest factor to using MMF is its porting ability.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KC GM can't export to those platforms as such. For PC you need GM8 for Mac GM7 for mac which is the most bugged GM ever and crashes constantly HTML5 costs hevula money for what it is on iOS and android you need to get deal by yoyo games themselves.

but GM Studio - their true competition for MMF - got all rxporters built in and can export on all of them at once the problem is that it's better because they don't have any extensions but built in funcionality (like al our extensions being part of MMF) whih makes it perfect for cross platform.

And construct? It sucks Ashley aka Tigerworks (yeah that klik legend) stole whole concept of MMF and packed it in nice bright clothes. It looks nice and more professional then MMF same with Stencyl but Cons1 is buggy as hell oh right 0.9x because they did not have balls to finish it. And now they work on cons2 which os HTML5 only but it's so much better than CS1 but still Klik copycat.

And I'm saying it as commercial owner of GM8, GM 8.1, Construct 2 and MMF2 Dev with all exporters. And I stay with MMf because it's so much more solid and portable. And having direct impact on bug fixes and contact with devs is Great.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gamemaker is just really unintuitive imo. Takes way longer to do simple things than it does with MMF2.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast