User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Game Maker 2 and MMF2

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's basically the same thing here also, some of the other tools are good but i think MMF2 is much better than others i have tried.

Stencly is good for free, GM seems ok and probably good for coders, C2 is a downgrade of C1 which was ok but a copycat of MMF and seemed buggy when i tested it.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's face it. Some game creation applications are just like some humans. Buggy as hell.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fawfulfan View Post
    Generally I prefer MMF2, but the one thing I absolutely adore about Game Maker is Instance Creation Code...you can actually code sub-behaviors for individual instances of objects. I remember once, when switching back to MMF2 after a long spell of using Game Maker, and I felt incredibly hampered by no longer being able to do that. I'd give anything to see a feature like that in MMF2...but I don't ever see it happening.
    Perhaps I'm taking a different meaning than you intend when you say "sub-behaviours" but if I'm on the same wavelength... MMF2 already has behaviours for objects which work on a per-object-instance basis...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read this and thought of object specific events (in properties)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Verbage View Post
    LOL!

And to stay on topic...

I have used Game Maker 7 before, and the RC for Game Maker 8 (before it was released), but, for 2D games, MMF2 is great! That is, unless you actually want to do scripting to get stuff done that could be done without scripting in MMF2. Also, if you want to make applications in addition to games, then MMF2 out-does Game Maker there, too, because Game Maker isn't meant for making applications, it's meant for making games. So, unless you want to make a real 3D game or want to do scripting that you could avoid by using MMF2, you probably should use MMF2.

So if you want to do some unnecessary scripting, or want to make 3D games, Game Maker might be a good decision, though it sounds like Clickteam is making some 3D extensions, so the 3D games part might not stay as a thing that only Game Maker can do. MMF2 is good for making 2D games without scripting, and making applications without scripting. If you want to make applications, then go with MMF2 no matter what, as Game Maker was made for making games. If you want to easily (and quickly) make 2D games, then you should go with MMF2. If you want to make both 2D games and applications, get MMF2. If you want to make 3D games, either wait for the 3D extensions to be released, or get Game Maker. If you want to do some unnecessary scripting, get Game Maker. That really leaves Game Maker with 1 advantage that will stay, and 1 advantage that might be gone soon. The advantage that will be gone soon is the ability to make 3D games. Why is it going to be gone? Well, it's not going away, but soon MMF2 will be able to do it too, so it won't be an advantage. The advantage that will stay is that if you actually want to do scripting, you can. However, scripting is not beginner-friendly. So that really leaves Game Maker with no advantages for beginners. As a matter of fact, even though Game Maker already has 3D, the 3D in Game Maker takes scripting, so that isn't beginner-friendly. Meaning 0 beginner-friendly advantages to stay, and 0 beginner-friendly advantages that will go away.

Firecodemonkey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Perhaps I'm taking a different meaning that you intend when you say "sub-behaviours" but if I'm on the same wavelength... MMF2 already has behaviours for objects which work on a per-object-instance basis...
    All instances of the object have the same behaviour in MMF. However, Game Maker lets you attach a unique piece of code to each instance. It's definitely a nice feature to have.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Happygreenfrog has a good point when he says MMF is meant for games and application development, while Game Maker, well, its in the name really.

If your serious about creating any real 3D game, like a FPS, 3rd person shooter or anything like it, i wouldnt recomend GM or MMF at all. I think MMF and GM are best for creating 2D games or pseudo 3D games at best.
    I really believe your way better off using other more proffesional engines for 3D games, like for example Unreal Engine in combination with Photoshot and 3D Studio Max.
    I also got a tip about a 3D game making tool named 'Silent Walk Renisance' wich is relatively cheap compaired to the more expensive proffesional engines.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisguri View Post
    the journey started all those years ago by Francois and Yves one night over a glass of champagne
    Out of curiosity, is that true, it all started over a glass of champagen?
    EDIT: What kind of champagne?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisB View Post
    All instances of the object have the same behaviour in MMF. However, Game Maker lets you attach a unique piece of code to each instance. It's definitely a nice feature to have.
    Ah right, I see. Definitely something to look at for MMF3 then. That said, I have emulated effectively the same thing by just switching on different groups of events in behaviours before now, depending on some property of the instance. Not quite so clean, but pretty effective nonetheless.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    About MMF being for both applications and games I agree with Nifflas on the chat when he say this is more a bad thing to focus on both. I would lika, as him, MMF to focus more on just the game aspects.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast