User Tag List

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: MANOS: The Hands of Fate

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up MANOS: The Hands of Fate

Here are the first screenshots from MANOS: The Hands of Fate for iPhone! These shots are from the introduction level (desert), watch this space for screenshots of the interior of the haunted hotel and other levels!

^ MANOS is (probably) the only game where a kissing couple are a hazard...

MANOS is an homage to all of the cheesy games you remember from your childhood! Remember how every film and cartoon had it's own platform game adaptation? How concepts in the film were made completely nonsensical for the case of gameplay? When every man, woman, child, animal and inanimate object were out to kill Marty McFly, Freddie Krueger filled the streets with bats, ghosts and frankenstein monsters and Darth Vader would casually transform into a scorpion? MANOS will take you back to the fantastically absurd movie adaptations of the past!

^ Torgo takes care of the place while The Master is away.

The story: Lost on their vacation, Mike and his family have wandered the desert trying to find a place to stay, only to wind up in a strange haunted hotel. Maintained by Torgo, an unusual man/satyr who "takes care of the place while The Master is away", the hotel is swimming with paranormal activity which Mike has to brave through to find his now missing family. Who is The Master, and what does he want with Mike's family? Mike, armed with his trusty revolver, will have to wander the haunted halls, venture out into the desert, uncover a dark temple and battle MANOS, the great god of hands, to find out!

^ Mike can defend himself with his trusty revolver.

MANOS takes influence from, and pays homage to, video games and pop culture including: CastleVania, Zelda II, Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, Angry Video Game Nerd, Mystery Science Theater 3000 and many more!

The game's graphics are all drawn using only the colours and sounds of the NES console, and we have (mostly) stuck within that console's limits for an authentic retro feel.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love it!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What resolution is this?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like it already! I'm from the time where they launched these ****ty games. I still have issues at night thinking back of that stupid friday the 13 game which was really annoying. Love to see how this one will turn out

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great DistantJ!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a lover of terrible movies, Manos: The hands of fate is one of the few I still couldn't get through :-P I sure hope you're not planning to recreate the quality of the movie. It's a hilarious concept, and I love the retro graphics! Looking forward to playing it. I've actuelly been working on a "Plan 9" strategy game myself, but as bad movies go Manos knocks Plan 9 out of the park.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an FYI, Manos:Hands of Fate is already the name of a commercial movie, so you might get into legal trouble. Looks interesting regardless of that.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well done! Can you make a new thread in the "released games and apps" sub-forum?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very cool! Sounds pretty much like an adventure or rpg to me. Will it have rpg elements in it? Please!!!!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mobichan View Post
    Just an FYI, Manos:Hands of Fate is already the name of a commercial movie, so you might get into legal trouble. Looks interesting regardless of that.
    A PUBLIC DOMAIN movie

Quote Originally Posted by Monokkel View Post
    As a lover of terrible movies, Manos: The hands of fate is one of the few I still couldn't get through :-P I sure hope you're not planning to recreate the quality of the movie. It's a hilarious concept, and I love the retro graphics! Looking forward to playing it. I've actuelly been working on a "Plan 9" strategy game myself, but as bad movies go Manos knocks Plan 9 out of the park.
    Totally... With Manos, give it a try with a witty friend, do peanut theater over it, give a running commentary, it makes it easier to get through. If you can't do that, find the MST3K version which emulates the same thing... but I've always wanted to adapt MANOS, and I will actually be adapting Plan 9 afterwards using the same engine, lol.

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast