User Tag List

Thread: Tranlating for adventure games

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tranlating for adventure games

Hello

I really want a suggestion for translate any dialog strings and other words for a game with two or more language.if it's possible please tell me a short way for it.
    Its very useful for adventure games.

thanks for any help

Mehrdad

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you mean display different strings depending on the language selected by the player?

OR to automatically translate what you have written into a different language? Cause good luck with that!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator ProFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the best solution would be to have two different games/applications depending on the language chosen.

Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ChrisBurrows@
    I want player choose a different language in main menu and automatically changes anythings to selected default font.

Marv@
    It takes a huge time.isnt any extension for doing translate automatically?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is not necessary to have 2 games.

I would store all the game dialogue as paragraphs in string objects and use a different string object for each language, then depending on the language selected by the player, retrieve the appropriate paragraph. Easily done. Only thing is you need to translate the text yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok

This is good idea.but can i use INI obj for external string files?
    if is Ok,how do i can protected it for editable?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use the AES Fusion object to encrypt and decrypt any text, but why do you need to store them in an ini. You can just store everything you need in string objects in your game and make them global objects so they may be accessed by all frames.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK.Thats right

As far as i know INI object is good for make tree dialogs and conversations and external files is very faster for access to edit.But your suggestion for make global objects is very nice.i'll try this one.

Thanks a lot for your time and help

Mehrdad

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I highly recommend that you store all the information in an INI, or several inis if your game is too big. Storing them in strings inside the game will limit your possibilities once you release the game, and it also makes it very hard to edit them compared to a self-made editor. Consider that fixing a spelling mistake would require you to rebuild your application and re-release it, as opposed to patching one or several ini files under a sub-folder in your application directory.

With the INI++, you can encrypt the files to protect them from being edited if you want. A good alternative to the INI++ is the overlooked AssArray, although it is probably not the best solution to this particular problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes.I have a many dialogs and text in game.external folder is very good suggestion.I didnt know INI++ done encrypt.Its good news.I'll try it.

I appreciate for your concern
    Mehrdad