User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: BOX2D for Iphone - Any news?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that this needs to be started by Clickteam too, like Outcast said, searching developers for make this port and paying for this, and the best, have a lot of users here that like me that would help in the payment of this box2d port. I think the developer would get a really good money....

Box2d it's not limited just in angry birds example. With box2d we can make awesome games, have a million of different ideas, make some games more easier to do, and so on. In my project that I'm developing for example, I use drag & drop for the objects and PMO for the player.....everything that I put in game I need to create a lot of test collisions between these objects and still very ugly to see that it is possible for example to drag one box and put it on the edge of a building and yet this box remains there with 90% of their body out without falling.

Everything will be much more easy to do with Box2d and mmf2 and will gain from it. Like I said before, it's a little ugly to see engines more limited (like construct2 and gamemaker) with support to Box2d and the powerful MMF2 no....

I can imagine that this is a hard work to do, but the Clickteam need to start to say something about this.

Well, that's it, I love Clickteam and MMF2, please take this just like a positive critical.

Best regards.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found a article about box2D for iOS, and I hope I can port box2D next time (I have a very huge ToDo-List)...

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi man,

Would it help if folks perhaps, donated funds to you to get it ported sooner? Just a thought for those out there that really need it. Don't be afraid to send this man some dough!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please don't donate to me, before I have finished the work. I'm looking into this and I Hope I can Port this.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pharanygitis, it's very good to read that you are looking into this....it's ok to dont donate before you finish the work

best regards

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am also happy. It┤s as simple as this. Thank you very much. For I have started this thread: I am simply happy

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sure you can try but remember how long the Flash port took me (although I didn't work on it fulltime of course). Plus me and Jamie actually discussed a way that would effectively allow us to port Box2D in a faster fashion but it involves a lot of C/C++ coding.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the flash box2d extension can be easily ported to html5, and this html5 version can be used on android and iOS with some magic (running it in the js interpreter on the device).

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that sounds like an absolutely horrible idea. Physics for Android/iOS should definitely be C.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can understand why it sounds "absolutely horrible" from the viewpoint of performance, but otherwise it's a pretty fantastic idea. V8 is fairly fast, it compiles down to machine code to get the performance that it does and you have the context switching overhead through the JNI in Java unless you've written the whole thing as a native app. I could always do things fast in C, but could never read the result in Java fast enough to make it worthwhile, except in cases like audio analysis where the entire analysis can be done on a huge buffer of data and a single result returned. The c++ js interface is much more lean than the JNI. Examples running on cocoonjs don't have much a problem doing physics with js and games in general on that platform are far more performant than even the simplest things I have compiled with the latest android runtime. I'm open to the idea of v8 for games on mobile devices, and unless I can see that it is just far too slow I'm inclined to try supporting HTML5 runtime extensions in as many runtimes as possible. I can't vouch for using the default js interpreter or the overhead of binding with it, but I would gladly have written the entire android runtime in html5 and run it on v8 with a native canvas implementation based on OpenGL ES. The performance of that setup, as cocoonjs proves, is more than adequate. I don't think the performance of the android runtime has anything to do with what it's sitting on, I just think translating the runtime verbatim from C++ to Java lends itself to bad performance, and it's probably too difficult to optimise sensibly in a top-down manner. I mention that as I think it probably clouds your perception about the performance of applications on android, and in case the blame for any performance issues with the android runtime has been placed on the underlying platform and not the code which inherits nearly 20 years of legacy.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast