Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here you go:
    http://lukasmeller.com/mmf/extension...MapPreview.zip

* String properties now load properly
    * New expressions for current layer/tileset and a layer's tileset index
    * Fix for slightly off collisions in some cases, a bug that was introduced in the newest build

Sadly I've realized zooming is not yet totally perfect in some cases, but it's getting there

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome update. thanks Looki!

Clicker The Games Factory 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good stuff Looki!

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great update, thanks very much! A few minor notes/suggestions as I near finishing the editor:

1. Retrieving layer visibility state. I already worked around this using properties, but this would be good for when you load the map and have to set the level editor UI to match the visibility state.
    2. Making a foreground and background using "set layers to draw," this works well except if the foreground is set to draw a minimum higher than the number of layers, it'll still draw the top layer. This can be worked around, but the workaround might be prone to creating bugs.

Here's what I got so far:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/csdz7vhree...00.13.png?dl=0

The amount of functionality this extension has, though, makes me want to go a lot further (using sub-layers and tile tinting would allow some exciting stuff)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Nice

I will fix 1) and 2) in a while; it seems they're not too urgent so I will get to them when I have some time to work on the extension again.

Don't be hesistant on giving feedback regarding some of the more advanced features if you can figure them out. I've been meaning to make all that stuff better, but since nobody urged me to, I never got to it. I had some barebones examples back in the day, not sure if they're still included...

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The properties feature of this would be really good as a standalone, by the way. I've never been able to find a dictionary object for CF2.5, and this functions almost exactly like one. Especially the string/string pairs, and being able to look up values by their keys. In my game, I conceded to using global strings to store custom control strings (since alterable strings on objects are limited to 10.)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dustingunn, you can use key-value strings with the ini object, or associative array object, or a 2D array x object, or even just using a list object with a delimiter.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    INI files are very slow to write to (since they modify an external text file.) Associative array does seem to be essentially a dictionary, but it's ancient and I vaguely remember Matt Bumder having very unfriendly licenses for his extensions back in the day. The object even gives a big warning when you add it to scene. List with delimiter would be pretty awkward and probably slow since you'd have to do everything at CF2.5's highest level, and we don't have functions that can return in expressions (at least not easily.)

The setup the Tile Map object has is the nicest I've seen for key/value pairing, is all I'm saying here.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt had pay-to-use-commercially and free licences, but the associative array is a free one, and only ancient because it's bug-free. If you want to use a List object, a Function object lets you return an expression from events. Or you could use an Internal List object.
    Your call what to pick, and what you like best, but you gave off the impression it was the only object with key-value, so I wanted to set the record straight for future readers.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You should check out INI++, that extension is quite brilliant for storing data in a readable format. It also has very powerful actions, etc., for all kinds of things. Of course, it doesn't have the problem of immediate file writing/reading like the original INI object.

Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 ... LastLast