User Tag List

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta: Tile Map

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh, I see. Sorry about that then

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why won't you add a simple map editor to the extension (if it's already there, then I'm sorry, but I don't know how to access it)? So it would be usable without using external applications (like Tiled) or building your own editor? It would be great if it could render in the editor as well, so it's well-integrated into the software just like stock extensions are. I don't even care if support for multiple layers would be dropped in the process, I can always get "multiple layers" by placing multiple tilemap objects on top of each other.

Clicker The Games Factory 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to give you a +1 for that suggestion!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's Tiled, and an extension that can parse Tiled files and load them into Tile Map: http://community.clickteam.com/threads/78427-Tiled-Map-Loader/page13?highlight=tiled
    I'm not very familiar with it, though!

Not sure what you mean about multiple layers, that is something that has been in the extension since day one

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've meant that I wouldn't be too concerned if adding map editor integrated into the extension would mean dropping support for multiple layers - as I've said, those can be emulated well enough by placing several objects on top of each one.

Anyway, as an inspiration you could look how tile map extension works in GDevelop. It's very well-done there, you can both edit maps via events and create maps directly in the built-in extension.

As I've said, I'd prefer it to be all-in-one solution so I won't have to use third-party (either written by yours truly, or by someone else like it's the case with Tiled) programs and do everything directly in CF. It would mean much faster iteration on the levels.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way (or any plans to allow) a simpler version of this? This is really well-made, but I'm wary of using extensions that bypass CF2.5 systems altogether. If the tiles could just be loaded into frames of an active object, that would suit my needs. Maybe there's already a way to do this, though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Darkhog and dustingunn,

I think I can answer your questions in a unified manner. Tile Map is first and foremost an extension for that allows the programmer flexibility and performance. The extension focuses on these things, and I personally don't have interest in providing tools such as an editor for them. In my opinion, the people who will most likely benefit from the extension will want to make their own specialized level editor for their game anyway - and if not, they can use Tiled via the Tiled Map Loader extension I think it's also important to render the tiles from an extension, as MMF objects will have a lot of overhead that is not really beneficial, since they're not just tiles but can do much more.

dustingunn, I remember somebody on the forums posting a tile rendering engine that used a grid of Active objects. It basically does the same what Tile Map does, but I'm not sure what advantages it will offer.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mostly, being able to load a single image as many tiles, allowing external graphics without it becoming messy and making recoloring/editing difficult.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd love for you to elaborate on that. I'm guessing you prefer to work with MMF's internal image editor?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Looki View Post
    Darkhog and dustingunn,

I think I can answer your questions in a unified manner. Tile Map is first and foremost an extension for that allows the programmer flexibility and performance. The extension focuses on these things, and I personally don't have interest in providing tools such as an editor for them. In my opinion, the people who will most likely benefit from the extension will want to make their own specialized level editor for their game anyway - and if not, they can use Tiled via the Tiled Map Loader extension I think it's also important to render the tiles from an extension, as MMF objects will have a lot of overhead that is not really beneficial, since they're not just tiles but can do much more.

dustingunn, I remember somebody on the forums posting a tile rendering engine that used a grid of Active objects. It basically does the same what Tile Map does, but I'm not sure what advantages it will offer.
    Stupid argument is stupid. If I would want to write my own tools, I wouldn't use any Clickteam products or similar (Construct 2, GDevelop, ugh..., Stencyl, ew...). I'd use some light framework like SDL or Allegro. Or perhaps Monogame.

Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ... 21 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast