User Tag List

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta: Tile Map

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    In case anybody had already downloaded the update, please redownload - The HWA version was broken (screwed something up while compiling). This includes you, RootKernel!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work Looki!
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you could get animations working in a stupid simple way Looki, this extension would pretty much be the answer to my prayers. I'm going to keep close tabs on this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I will -- maybe next week (currently visiting my parents so there isn't always time to work).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just to keep anybody who is interested updated -

The current production build includes a couple of new features:

* Ability to create, fill and read from sub-layers (arbitrary data that can be stored for reach tile layer) - supported by the file format as well.
    * Ability to change the tileset per-tile using a callback
    * New expressions to convert between screen and tile coordinates (useful for mouse+object interaction).
    * Various bug fixes :P

The next thing I will work on is allowing each sub-layer to have a specific purpose (as I mentioned before). This will allow per-tile tilesets, collision info, offset, etc. -- anything that can be modified in a render callback, except fixed and stored in actual map files. Also I will introduce tile animation really soon, which will utilize the sub-layer feature (sub-layer name WIP)

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This extension is great! As mentioned, if animated tiles could be added with decent perfomance, it would be what mmf has been missing for ages now! Great work! Needs some good documentation and more examples though

Also, thanks for the links to the examples

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I know! I'd love to spend more time on this extension but I just can't right now

One of the TM users has noticed a bug (empty tiles returned 255 instead of -1 in the tileset X/Y expressions) so here's the newest build with that bug fixed and the additions that I mentioned yesterday:
    http://clickteam.info/looki/Extensions/Beta/TileMap.zip

Oh, also, the icon of the TM object is finally back - thanks to Rootkernel.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Humm I really can't figure out the changes since the I/O got different, my code isn't forwards compatible, and won't load the maps at all from what I can tell. I have it set to absolute on the reference, so it should be the same as before (its passing an absolute path), and I get a Map Loaded callback event successfully, and tileset paths appear to load properly (I can return their absolute paths), but no layers or layer data is loaded at all. LayerCount() returns 0, no layers function, all compound values tested return -1 of course. Its for sure loaded in the map because it works with the older version of TM, but no matter if the block options are set to 2, 3, or 6 or 7, the layers simply aren't loading. I can add new layers, and it will increment the total count and I'm sure I could reconstruct them, but I can't load layers via I/O

Has there been some major format change in the map structure that means I can't load old data? Not backwards compatitible or summat?

Thanks for the hard work, I'm sure its just me doing something wrong, but if you've got any help on what the problem could be

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Amazing. I just found out about this issue ten minutes ago and I didn't know it was that old (apparently it's in the release build)! I'm doing my best to fix it! Really really sorry for the inconvenience. It seems like this bug doesn't occur in the debug build, which I work with all the time.

On a sidenote, sub-layers & tile animations are now fully implemented and usable, but I want to fix the I/O issue before releasing the build. Pixelthief, it would be nice if you could send me a Tile map file that works, just so I can debug what's happening.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Fixed! Unbelievable what damage a missing 0 initialization can cause! Basically, the function that loads the header of the next file block (layer or tileset) didnt have a default value of the identifier of the loaded block. That caused the old block's identifier (which was 'layer') to still be in the memory and it tried to load another layer and explodes. My example works now, I hope that was the problem with your file as well. Anyway...

New version!

* New examples. It was about time. There will be more, I just really have to head to bed now...
    * Various small bug fixes (in hwa)
    * Extended sub-layer functionality
    * Tile animations. Just look at the examples
    * Link a sub-layer to animation or tileset ID via layer setting
    * Layer callbacks with the ability to temporarily link a sub-layer to animation, tileset, scale, angle

http://clickteam.info/looki/Extensions/Beta/TileMap.zip

Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast