Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta: Tile Map

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT:
    Worked like a charm looki! Thanks for the very quick update, fixed the layer loading problem for sure, I'll be able to go through and convert all my old code that compared blank tiles by looking at ((layertile(x,y) +1) mod 255256) == 0, which was a bit silly line of math.

But one problem you should be aware of! Your download link didn't work at first, I wondered why, then I noticed you uploaded your new version as .ZIP instead of .zip
    The one you just posted should be here;
    http://clickteam.info/looki/Extensions/Beta/TileMap.ZIP

I just glanced at the root address out of curiosity since I didn't see any example files.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    God dammit. Stupid Linux server with its case-sensitive file names...

there you go... http://clickteam.info/looki/Extensions/Beta/TileMap.zip

EDIT: Oh, you were quicker than me to notice that! Haha, yeah, thanks for pointing it out. I just realized when trying to reupload the new version

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heh, beaten to the punch by seconds!
    Silly caps sensitive linux indeed. Now I'm worried about any TAR.GZ files I have lying around

Fortunately, I prepared for exactly that change, and my project should work since (-1+-1+2) mod 510512 == (255255+255255+2) mod 510512
    I did get a few chuckles out of how silly that code felt though

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hehe. I think it's time to add some more simple convenience functions now, like comparing to tiles via condition. I think it should be faster than using expressions.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Uploaded a new version that took me quite a lot of work for something that is probably not very appreciated

Collisions now work with wrapped layers. This was kinda tricky because there is a possible scenario where an object overlaps a layer right on its edge, where it wraps. I then have to split the overlapped tiles of the object at the edge of the layer that is overlapped and check these two parts individually... It seems perfectly stable, but just to be sure I have introduced an error Message box that only shows when something goes seriously wrong - I doubt it will ever pop up, though.

Also, the Screen-to-layer coord conversion expression now takes a layer's wrapping settings into account

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there any way individual tiles could have an offset to their animations, whether its a static parameter property of that sublayer or whatever.
    One thing I've had on my own animation via callbacks was to let me use one tileset of an animation using a single global parameter for the animation which I took a modulo of the tilespeed, but added an offset to it which was generated by exponential modulation of its x/y coordinates so each tile's animation offset was fairly random without having to save any actual parameters on a per-tile basis

My thinking is, if you have a looping tile animation, for example a lava tile that bubbles, it doesn't look as good if all the tiles are in identical sequence, while adding in some noise can make it look a lot better.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's no way to offset the animation as of now, sorry. I plan to give the user more control. You make a point with your lava example, I definitely have to add something to compensate that. Maybe even an offset parameter that would let you specify a way in which the animation is offset per-tile without having to fill the values in yourslef

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah don't go out of your way to add it, I have a coded animation system for my own project that works just fine, just thinking it might be handy for other people if you plan to expand it. I mean, even if you had offset parameters, stored via sublayer values, it would either have to be hardcoded as some offset as some math function which wouldn't work for one-size-fits all, and if the math is dynamic, it would have to use the expression editor as a callback- which you can already do.

I was thinking, another helpful possibility if you felt like it would be to tie animations somehow to tiles in a tileset, rather than tiles in the layer, so pasting tiles in an editor wouldn't involve the extra step of setting that tiles sublayer. For me its not an issue, for just that reason (how hard is it to set the sublayer, and it gives more versatility).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ah also found a quick bug; while layertilesetx() and layertilesety() both return -1 for empty tiles and out of bounds tiles like they are supposed to, layertile(), the compound value, returns -1 for out of bound tiles and 255255 for empty tiles

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your input. I fixed the expression bug. Regarding animation: I'm generally a fan of customization which is why I chose to implement per-tile animation. However, you do have a point. I'll have to think about implementing something like that.

Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast