User Tag List

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Beta: Tile Map

Clicker The Games Factory 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seams to be very much on ice. I'd totally love to see this extension through, and I would even BUY it if that's your plans. Such things has always been a bit iffy with TGF2 and also a bit in CF. So yes please yummy I'd easily fork out €30 - €50 for such an extension.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey! It's definitely not dead yet. I actually spent a bit optimizing the rendering code today and thanks to Yves I was able to gain quite a performance boost (in HWA). I'm sorry that it doesn't work properly in F2.5, I really need to fix that. I'm just not in a position where I can develop for F2.5 right now, hopefully soon.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Looki,

I must be missing something obvious due to fatigue...but can this extension load in time maps made from existing tile map editing programs like Tiled, or would we need to program out own tile editors in order to comfortably make levels with this?
    Thanks,
    Mike

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hey,

I don't support any common file formats (back when I made the extension I was gonna support Tiled, but I didn't really like the format and it goes against some design choices with my extension etc.), but you can use this extension to load Tiled files:
    http://community.clickteam.com/threads/78427-Tiled-Map-Loader?highlight=tiled

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how would someone create a tile map in the first place to use with your extension.. We'd need to program a tile map editor ourselves first, right?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall CreatorUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could for example use Lookis Surface object to create your own tileset editor.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah, at this point, there is no official editing tool or anything, but you can use Tile Map to make your own editor It even has some helper functions such as selecting several tiles from a tileset at once that can then be placed (in the "Cursor" sub-menu).
    I am aware that a general purpose editor would be really useful, though. The extension is still in beta, and the person that originally hired me to make it didn't need all that fancy stuff, so I haven't got around to doing that yet. I'm not sure if I will ever make a nice editor, but it's definitely something to consider for the future. I'm sure the extension would be a lot more attractive to some people if it were easier to use.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping for a solution that could load in tile maps for entire constructed levels, ideally from a readily available free map editor like tiled... but I also need it to work with android and IOS export as well as PC.

I'll gladly pitch in 75 dollars per milestone (loading from Tiled, running well on IOS, running well on Android)

A functional tile map loading feature is loooong overdue for Fusion (over a decade overdue in my opinion), and hopefully I hope others are willing to help compensate awesome extension developers like Looki for their valuable time to get it done.

anyone else?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Bash. I don't want to say much, but I've been getting something done for Tiled for Windows, HTML5, iOS, and Android. Stay tuned

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds awesome. I will indeed stay tuned. Cheers!
    -Mike

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast