User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone know how you make money with iAds?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Anyone know how you make money with iAds?

I can help clarify how you make money from advertising, from impressions through the eCPM. They are grateful and I think it would be a good topic for the forum!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone has an app in the Store with iAds and is generating money, want to share how this is working?

It's worth the free apps with iAds? I appreciate this info

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also enjoy some responses... I am always debating going free with ads or going with the Tier 1 option.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in it. We encourage one another and share their experiences with iAds!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to make a really addictive game which displays ads frequently (between levels etc.) and get a very large number of downloads. Consider that my free game Cow Boom has had about 3,250 downloads and has made about $25 in iAd revenue. A multilevel game with ads between levels and good replay value would easily make 10 times this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks DistantJ for your response, it really is hard to keep an app with only iAds, I update "Color Machine" and place two weeks ago and only iAds has generated $ 11 of profit. That of 1100 users who have upgraded to version 1.1

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DistantJ, Im wondering if CowBoom would get far more downloads if you re-released it as a lite version.

So far, my 1-title experience in the app store is that you get the most exposure during the initial release, but you were charging for CowBoom at first. If you re-released it, I wonder if you would get 10x the install base, and that ads might work better with a substantially larger population.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should place you're saying lite for marketing purposes or robots searches?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kinase, Cow Boom is a free app, I added the iAds in an update after I made it free.

Interesting theory, however I strongly believe that this was a good move. Allow me to explain...

There are bots all over the internet that spy on apps for price drops and report them on twitter accounts which have thousands of followers. A HUGE proportion of iPhone and iPad owners are kids and teenagers who were given them as a gift and don't have a credit card to buy the apps with and so they snipe freebies and price drops by following these bots. Dropping your price to free after giving it long enough to convince these bots that your initial price was 99c means that these bots will report your game becoming free, thus free advertising to exactly the people you want to target with freebies. If you launch the game free, you only have the people who happen to be looking at the 'release date' section of the store when you put it out and after that you don't have many means of advertising it without spending money.

Just a little trick...

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know its free now, but it didn't start off as free.

Imagine if it was free on launch day, and got the benefit from the exposure on the new release charts. Im under the impression that a paid app that switches to free wont get as many downloads as an app that is first released free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast