User Tag List

Thread: Audio Streaming App

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Audio Streaming App

I want to make a streaming app.

Is it possible to keep the iOS video object playing content when the application is minimized or the phone is put into sleep mode?
    It currently let's me stream audio from url's but once the app is closed the content stops!

I remember in some of the early versions of the iOS exporter it was possible to keep the app running in the background when it was minimized, so it's code would keep running.
    Can we get a new check box or something in the app properties that allows us to do this again, and perhaps even detect when the phone is in sleep mode or the app is minimized?

Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this can't/won't be done by Clickteam I can dig through the source code and add some changes myself.
    I've been commenting out anything to do with pausing, but I've yet to find what is causing the audio and such to fade out when the app is minimized.

I suspect that whatever is doing it is located in "CRun.m"

Anyone have some insight?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found this: http://developer.apple.com/library/i...68/_index.html
    Trying to use it but I can't seem to find what I need to modify.

Does anyone know how to keep audio playing in the background from the iOS video object even when minimized or the phone is in sleep mode?

Any hints on what to modify in the MMF generated xCode?

UPDATE:

OK! So I've got the application to continue running in the background, and I read up on the AudioSession stuff.
    The video player shares the audio session of the app by default, so whether or not it continues to play in the background depends on the playback mode of the audio session.

I changed the playback mode to "kAudioSessionCategory_MediaPlayback" as specified in the Apple documentation, and I added the appropriate keys to the listing file, but it continues to fade out when the app closes.
    I'm wondering if I should just scrap the video object and make my own object instead, but I'm not sure how to go about doing that apart from simply modifying an existing object.

Any thoughts?