User Tag List

Thread: Data Array viewer/editor for testing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Data Array viewer/editor for testing

Hey guys, so I've switched over to arrays as my main way of saving.. it all works great but it's just kinda annoying to work with because I can't just open it up and visually see if data is being stored exactly where I want it.. I can obviously find out through a bit of messing around.. but I'd like to be able to open up my .arr (array file) in a kind of grid view and then edit the cell data and SAVE it so when I run my app I can quickly debug it. Any programs out there that can do this?

I have sitting on my HDD a program called "ArrayLITE.exe" by an Adam Hawker.. it does almost exactly what I want except whenever I edit data it does not save it for some reason.. any help would be muchly appreciated! cheers!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A "Visual Array" for MMF2/3 would be cool.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
    I have sitting on my HDD a program called "ArrayLITE.exe" by an Adam Hawker.. it does almost exactly what I want except whenever I edit data it does not save it for some reason.. any help would be muchly appreciated! cheers!
    That would be one of mine
    http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=7273
    I've just tested it again, and it seems to work for me. The only thing is that you need to specify either "text" or "number" array before you load/create an array. And it sometimes clears the contents of whichever cell was highlighted when you load a file. And Norton seems to think it's a virus... But I didn't have any trouble saving an array.

Anyway, I made a .xml <-> array converter to replace it, which means you can now use Excel to edit your arrays.
    http://www.create-games.com/download.asp?id=8360
    I figured there was no point trying to create a spreadsheet-like array viewer, when there's already something like Excel that's perfect for the job. It is one more step to convert the file, but honestly if you keep Excel and the Array Converter open while you're working, it literally just takes a couple more seconds.
    I was in the process of adding a grid view to it anyway, but my PC died so that won't be happening (don't have the source .mfa any more, and the .xml<->array conversion was a huge amount of work so I won't be re-making it from scratch).

If someone here has MMF2eveloper, they could probably make you a visual array tool in about ten minutes - since they can use the "datagrid" extension. There's really nothing to it - just run a fastloop to iterate over the array/datagrid and you're done.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks for the links! I downloaded the newer one you made.. and when I go to open the .arr files nothing happens.... weird weird..

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like I said - it's not a visual editor, so you won't see anything happen. It will have loaded the array, it's just that there's no message or anything to tell you (it happens instantly). You can go ahead and say "Export XML Spreadsheet", and it will work fine.
    If you want to check the array has loaded properly, you can also set the three numeric controls to navigate through the array (they represent the X,Y and Z positions).