User Tag List

Thread: SubString Replace object and edrt.exe

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SubString Replace object and edrt.exe

Hi, I've spent months writing a storybook with MMF Dev. using the String Replace object to replace the users name. When I run it I get the Application crash message naming edrt.exe as the problem. I have tried for weeks to isolate a particular frame that may be the cause, but as soon as I find the frame and remove it another seems to cause the crash. After searching through the forum I can not find a solution. What I'd like to know, is there another extension I can use instead of the String Replace object?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Cheers.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make sure you have the latest version, there was an updated that fixed some problems.
    Working as fast as I can on Fusion 3

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi LB,
    I assume you mean the latest version of String Replace? If so is there a link somewhere to it?
    Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks LB..I'll try that see if it works.
    Cheers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Earl, what's the ModName of the crash? If it ends with .mfx you got the crashy extension name

EDIT: Also, if you're worried about crashes at runtime, DebugObject can catch them and handle them in the way you choose - pause the app, let it crash, continue execution (in some cases), etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phi, The ModName is mmf2d3d9.dll. Not sure what this means...but I've downloaded your Debug object and will try and do something with it tonight. Not sure what I'm doing but I've put too much effort into this project to let it stall.
    Thanks for your help.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mmf2d3d9.dll
    That means a MMF3 extension or the MMF2 runtime itself is sending invalid stuff to Direct3D 9 is crashing, which means a display issue, which is probably not the Substring Replace object as it's invisible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phi, The only "extra" extension that I'm using is the SubString replace....all the others are standard. ( if that makes sense ) I'm just using Edit Boxes, Strings, Buttons and Active Objects. So it could be a display issue as you say.
    I've worked my way through the game several times, eliminating a frame at a time, sometimes , for example, frame number 7 causes the crash, next time through , frame number 22 causes the crash.
    Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
    Cheers