User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Gamecenter Multiplayer

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also looking forward to a gamecenter tutorial. I just don┤t get this thing

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If those discussions have occurred, Jeff, can we expect an ETA anytime soon?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It will be a little bit to get going here so you might be better to start studying his example and finding some issues.
    As its also an ongoing bug hunt in addition to getting a tutorial finished.

First we have to find the bugs then a tutorial can be written.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Jeff for the Good News!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do. I guess I'll just have to wait for the bug hunt because once the multiplayer match begins the app just crashes.

Forum Moderator Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all,

is it possible to re upload the MFA plz ??

Thx for the example ! It will be very very useful !
    My effect library are available
    http://myetic-studio.fr/produits.php

My Game
    Luor | Remedium | Sky Invader

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Cool UrbanMonk!

Would you be interested in some little side jobs trying to document some of the game center objects with examples and tutorials?
    We seem to have a lot of people struggle with them.
    Did this tutorial ever happen? I'm new to fusion & i can't find it or any proper tutorials for gamecenter multiplayer. Also, UrbanMonk, the link for your example is dead, is it possible to reupload. Any info atall for getting multiplayer working on iOS would be a HUGE help!

Thanx guys

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I haven't been monitoring this thread, but since I get some many PM's for my example I've reuploaded. I can't guarantee that it works anymore though since I haven't tested it in a while. I will mess with it later and test it and fix any issue I find though.

Here:

http://soapcow.com/multitest.zip

The tutorial never happened since I wasn't ever contacted about it.

In the meantime I did attempt to write a full game with the Gamecenter Multiplayer object. It mostly works but there are a few issues with it. For one even guaranteed messages don't always arrive at the other user's device. This isn't an issue with Clickteam Fusion, it's actually an issue with Apple's API. If you Google around you will see that everyone has had some issues with it. There are some hacky fixes that have been written to address the problem though. Basically you have to add any messages you want to send to a queue with an ID attached. Then resend the message until the other end verifies that the message was received, but of course even the verification messages could be dropped. It's pretty annoying, but it's the only way last I checked. Plus it's a pain to implement such a system using Clickteam Fusion. It would be better if it were integrated into the object itself.

It's pretty straight forward to use otherwise. Call up Apple's built in match making interface, and on two test devices have them each search for other players. They'll find each other and connect. Next you can have them send messages to each other and then on the other end have it parse the message. That's pretty much it.

So for a simple game you would send the X and Y position of the player object with an ID of some sort to identify yourself. Then have all the players who are connected update your character on their screen.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the quick response dude. i haven't actually bought fusion 2.5 Dev yet lol, still on standard, but gonna buy it this week so i'll have a fiddle with it then & see if i can get anything going, but i just wanted to get the thread moving again in preparation... as the last posts about it were ancient

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sounds like a really cool feature if can get working! Nothing more addictive than a multiplayer game! I think our mmf apps will go to next level once this stuff gets gets properly going...eagerly awaiting any tutorials/mfa files

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2