User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: XNA excitement!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool XNA excitement!

I'm really looking forward to being able to port and make new games for XBOX Live and Windows Phone. Can we have any comment on how long we have to wait, I know no one can give dates (because there not known) However if I was to say the release was round the corner would I be Warm or Cold? Also am I correct in saying it's the next product to be release?

For everyone else, who else is excited for the XNA plugin? Are people looking forward more to making XBOX or Windows Phones games? For me both, also playing a ClickTeam made 4 player game on an XBOX with mates is going to be a great experience!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you are rather warm.

I'm excited as well, though I can't make Xbox games as the XBLIG service is not available in my country (worth to check from Microsoft App Hub before you get too excited, in case you are located in a smaller country). But the Marketplace is available, so I'm looking forward to porting some of my flash games on Lumia and other Windows Phone devices. Big question marks are obviously performance of the exporter and the extension availability.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2SWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    XNA will be released shortly with build 255. Just to let you know, you'll need to sign up for an App Hub membership ($99/year) to make Xbox games, and you have to send in ID. You also need to be over 18, even though it isn't stated anywhere I could see. They rejected my ID submission because I was only 16 at the time.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm also ready to go with my App Hum Membership, both Windows Phone and XBOX Can't wait also to play everyone roses game on my XBOX! Who else?

(getting a Nokia Lumia 900 this month for app development)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question: Who will be using the XNA exporter for XBOX development and who will be using it for Windows Phone development?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will be using it for XBOX development and I have to admit I've never been this excited in my life!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curiosity. Will they accept any game build to XBOX Live? Or will they reject fan games? Is this for the original XBox, or the XBox 360?

Is the App Hub membership different from what I have now to DL games from the XBox arcade store?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by N64Mario View Post
    Curiosity. Will they accept any game build to XBOX Live? Or will they reject fan games? Is this for the original XBox, or the XBox 360?

Is the App Hub membership different from what I have now to DL games from the XBox arcade store?
    I believe XNA games have to go through a peer review process before going up on the Marketplace. I highly doubt fan games will make it through due to various copyright infringements. And yes, the App Hub is for XNA game designers not just the general public, so there is a $99 per year fee in order to access it and all of its features. Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, you wont be able to submit 'fan games' however games inspired by old classics (not directly referencing anything but suggesting or with a similar theme / gameplay) seem to do well nowadays. I'm hoping the extension is released soon, glad its not just me

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello guys, I've been beta testing with the XNA exporter. Here are some links you will find useful for development regarding Xbox Live Indie Games:

This list is the important one (your game will fail peer review if it doesn't cover all these): http://create.msdn.com/en-US/resourc...evil_checklist

This may also be useful too- not reasons for a game to fail but there are some more guidelines here: http://create.msdn.com/en-US/resourc...evil_checklist

It would be a good idea to look through those before you start making stuff. A lot of them you won't have to worry about using mmf, but just be aware of the ones like multiple controller support, the video 'safe area' etc. Hopefully I'll get some time to write a 'getting started' type forum post when the exporter is ready, sharing some of the things I've learned while testing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast