Thread: ClickJam 2012

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Lightbulb ClickJam 2012

CLICKJAM 2012!

For those of you visiting from the Clickjam announcement, please read this update to Simon's original post!

Join us on August 18th for the first ever Clickjam. Compete against teams of participants for a super cool prize at each location, building a game using MMF2 within 24 hours. Their is only a couple of prizes for each location but everyone who shows up is winner cause everyone gets a free copy of MMF2 Standard when the attend. We need your help with volunteers to find locations and people to man each event.

Couple of things we need from you guys to make this a reality..

1.We need locations for the event, if you don't mind hosting one at a venue that you can find in your area for free contact either Simon or Kisguri via PM or e-mail
    2.We need staff to assist at each event
    3.We need to know if you are going to attend, drop us a line as well if you plan to attend, we will notify your local event so they can contact you.
    4.Be kind, lol, this is the first attempt of this, any ideas and suggestions are welcome.

/Edited by Kisguri 07/19/2012

Hi folks,

well as a few keen eyed readers have already noticed, Click Convention 2012 has been postponed until 2013 alas The reason behind this decision is basically the Olympics; the timing was dreadful this year and prices, travel, accommodation and pretty much everything you can think of which might affect planning a convention has done so.

So, there will be a Click Convention in 2013, most likely Cambridge, UK in the same venue as 2011. We're going to get a big head start on with the planning for that so assuming that the venue can book that far in advance, I hope to give some dates by the end of May for this.

Obviously that's a stupid long time to wait to get together and so I present [drumroll] ClickJam 2012! The idea is to organise a series of Clickteam user jams around the world for users to get together and create some great stuff. There will be a ClickJam UK and it looks likely a ClickJam Denmark... details will follow as soon as they're available.

Basically this is where the community can now step in. If you'd like to see a ClickJam USA or France or wherever you think people will come, please get in touch with me (send me a PM through this forum). Not everyone will necessarily be able to run one, too many close together geographically for example would be counter-productive but with a bit of luck we'll be able to get Clickteam users together and jamming the world over!

The plan is to hold the jams later in 2012 and if they prove successful enough again in 2013 before the convention, then onwards into the future if there's a demand.

Cheers,

Simon.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Participate in UK/Eire? Help with organisation of Polish one - just question all of the jams will be done same time or what?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Not necessarily the same time, no - but maybe! lol. It depends on what people want really... I'd quite like to attend one in Europe mainland as well as hosting the UK if I can.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I say we all invade Paul Bolands house and hold it there for the weekend.

Want to learn Clickteam Fusion 2.5?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for Ireland

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for London or Kent!

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure there are enough Irish Clickers to be honest... I plotted a heat map of forum users and it's quite bare there... that's not definitive though so if there's a load of Irish Clickers hiding on here speak up :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul is one big Irish Clicker enough to bring attention of community. But London would be much cheaper for me and I got long-term financial difficulties so probably I will stuck in England.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well if there are enough people who want to get together and organise one it's all good :-)

London may not be the best place to have one, it could make it too expensive for a lot of people. I thought somewhere central like Birmingham might be an interesting option...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about the U.S.A?

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast