User Tag List

Thread: Need help

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need help

I am trying to make a highscore by using Jeffs tutorial for easy highscores. I have got it to work and everything if I leave it as it is, you insert a name and then a number and upload. However I want to upload a "score" that consist of two counters that togheter is the amount of minutes and seconds the player have beaten the game in. So the lower the number the better. In my example here that I have made out of Jeffs tutorial the counters are set to form 09.34.54
    The problem is that I cant seem to be able to transfer this score if I dont remove the decimals from the string. And also the event I have made to remake these two counters to a string dont write out 09.34.54, instead it writes: 9.34.54

I think the reason I cant get this to work is because I overcomplicate something because I dont fully understand the objects used (String Parser and Edit Box). I would like to be able to submit these numbers though and have them sort from lowest to highest (to complete the game in less time possible is better).

I have an example here, its not possible to submit scores in this one though because its not currently bound to any database
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outcast, either you DIY or you hire someone to do it, you shouldn't get other people to write the content of your code for free.
    There's a difference between filling a gap in the content and filling in the content.

I'll contact you on Skype.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post
    Outcast, either you DIY or you hire someone to do it, you shouldn't get other people to write the content of your code for free.
    There's a difference between filling a gap in the content and filling in the content.

+1, for irony.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Phi View Post

I am not asking for anyone to write the content if they don't have an example of it, I am asking for help on how to do it. I am on Skype now though sorta

I got an answer in my other thread that I think is on the right track: "Since all of your scores are formatted like ##.##.## couldn't you remove the decimals and just send the highscores like "033454", and once you retrieve them, you could reformat them back as "03.34.54" by inserting the decimal points back in?"

I did change the code to send the two counters as one long number without decimals.

The question now is how do I insert the decimals or "." after I have retrieved the number? The event that retrieves the number is using the String Parser and the event it: Set alterable string: listGetAt$( "String Parser", 2) ?

Is there any commands for changing the format inside a alterable string?