User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: iOS Screen Capture

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DistantJ - sent you a PM, thanks! PS If you have any tips on screen capture in XCode, let me know and I'll try to incorporate them (you can look through my code in XCode, it's in Classes > Extensions > Capture.h & Capture.m).

Thanks to everyone for the kind words about this extension. I'm still working on it so that it can capture screens WITHOUT the black bars (using Capture > Active Window) and capturing the same size as the frame in MMF2 (Capture > Frame), but lining up the UIKit parts to lay over the OpenGL ES parts is a bit complex, especially with all the different device screen sizes! ;-)

I've also noticed that it doesn't capture Movies (looks like these are on another OpenGL ES layer, so would require another pass once I locate it)
    Has anyone tried it with iAds? Do they capture OK? I've never used them myself, and don't want to go through the hassle of setting them up.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow Thanks ! Cool Extension Awesome!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screen Capture Object for iOS v1.1

New version 1.1

Now that Beta10 After 254 (aka Build 256 - beta 1) allows the Active Picture to load from the Documents folder, I thought I'd share my new version of the Screen capture Object for iOS.
    This is a nearly fully functional version of the Screen Capture object for iOS. It can capture the whole screen (inc black bars), window (screen without black bars) or Frame (same size as MMF2 frame on PC regardless of device, so a 320x480 frame will always be captured at 320x480 even on iPad) as a PNG to the device's Camera Roll (if device has a camera) or Photo Album, App's Documents folder and/or Clipboard (so image can be pasted by user in othr apps, eg Mail)

Please read the readme file carefully for how to install and use.
    I've included an example that demonstrates all functionality.

Disclaimer: Whilst this extension should work fine, i make no promises or warranties, so use at your own risk!
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried it on my iPhone 5, iOS 6. It saves only a black picture into the camera roll. I might be using it wrong, what I did was at 5 seconds, Capture>Screen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    xhedgehog - Strange. I haven't tested it under iOS 6 yet (or on an iPhone 5) so that might be the problem. It might also be that the new Beta of the iOS Exporter may have changed too much now it does all this screen size fitting. I'll look into it when I have a bit more time. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is apparently the issue/solution to grabbing a screen capture in iOS 6 - http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1...ode-in-ios-6-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DTownTony - Thanks for the link (bookmarked for later!). Unfortunately I'm delaying updating to iOS 6 for a while so I can still support older hardware (like my iPod touch 2G). Of course if anybody else wants to try fixing it, the source code is in XCode when you export an app with the Screen Capture object, so you're welcome to try.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figured it out. In xCode open CRunView.m and change the "NO" in -

eaglLayer.drawableProperties = [NSDictionary dictionaryWithObjectsAndKeys:
    [NSNumber numberWithBool:NO],
    kEAGLDrawablePropertyRetainedBacking,
    kEAGLColorFormatRGBA8,
    kEAGLDrawablePropertyColorFormat, nil];

into a "YES" and it'll work.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi all, I love this extension as I'm making a activity app for young children and got a drawing activity in it. What I wanted to ask, is it possible to create a album just for these captures to go into as I wouldn't want to flood the users camera roll with images of drawings when the images are saved. lol

Otherwise it works great for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    leightonw87 - Glad you're finding this extension useful for your iOS projects. I don't know a way to create a new Album in the Photo app using MMF2, but you can save the the screen captures to your app's documents directory and program your own photo album system within your app using Active Picture objects to display these images. V1.1 of the Screen capture object has an example file and reasdme.txt file to guide you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast