User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Atari 2600 conversion remake MMF2 problems with eagle events and movements!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kinda reminds me of a much loved C64 game called Eagle Empire.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Continue my little work, but there is always some concern. For example, in a game similar, the shot must be fast, but I had to set the speed of the shot to y-4 maximum, or launches an object at maximum speed 40. This is due to the fact that MMF2 gives problems with collisions objects if they occur too quickly. (This small work can only be appreciated by those who remember the limitations of the Atari 2600 a long time ago, but could serve as a basic example for some similar game develop! There are two different examples for enemy instances).
    Download here!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    daryuss, I think the PHOENIX example is really good and plays and feels like the original. I think it needs to shot faster and the number of shot per press needs to be increased also, but other than that, it's a great game. Love it...! Nice job.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your appreciation. I share my little jobs so that someone can identifies what needs to be improved. Just to increase the speed of the shot putting [set y ("Fire") -5], you will notice that collisions do not occur few times, and do not add the score, for example [y "object" < 110 add 20 to score | y "object"> 110 add 50 to score ...] especially in frame 6 (boss level). I tried several ways.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure you know that it will do that because you're moving the projectile 5 pixels at a time and if the enemy isn't exactly at the same Y as the projectile it won't collide and will skip over it. I'm not sure if this will work but maybe increase the -y of the projectile by -1 every 0.25 (or whatever) secs when you fire it or try the built in movement bouncing ball.

EDIT: I just changed all the projectiles to the Built-in Bouncing Ball movement and it seemed to me it cured the issue with collisions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip! The small problem is especially in the boss screen, which also does not allow me to increase the score based on the Y <> coordinates. Next, I will think about the demostration, leaving the same number of frames (activate the "control group events" and deactivate them when the match is over (move the ship itself). ;-)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good. Keep me posted with new examples of the game! Curious to see you get this complete and totally playable. It's worth getting it done IMO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @KLiK-iT: Posted progress with fire bouncing ball mov. as you prompted, and I added demostration leaving the same number of frame. But demo movement of the ship isn't good yet (I'm trying fix it without adding new movement). The link is the same.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A little example of Phoenix arcade space ship movement base with explosion, fire and shield for those who like to build classic games like this (press "D" for destroy spaceship (all explosion frames was captured by original game).

Download here

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Atari retro t its best, hats off to you. Great game.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast