User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Phoenix Atari 2600 conversion remake MMF2 problems with eagle events and movements!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red face Phoenix Atari 2600 conversion remake MMF2 problems with eagle events and movements!

I'm planning to create the Phoenix® Atari 2600® conversion improved as I dreamed when I was a child (some variation of color in more and some more sprites, everything here!!) .

Mmmmh, yes... I know it's ridiculous with a program of the MMF2's caliber... anyway.

It's almost complete .

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s617o7b6uw...0_RMK_MMF2.zip

I had some perplexity to create movements and events in the frame of the big eagles (stage 3 and 4).

-Events: I can not create the event of the wings, which are destroyed and reappear in the same eagle without the need to create 7 different eagles objects .

-The movement: If you remember, eagles were walking right and left and sometimes followed spaceship's movement, then they fell down and went on (in the coin op version was wrapping in the area). I'm using the simple bouncing ball movement!)

In final monster's stage, I tried simplify events for mother spaceship's segment position, but there is a bad bug in collisions!

Should be an easy code to find, to complete this my desired small conversion improved.

ph_mmf2_prev_screenshot.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Waiting for someone can help me, I shared the screen 192x160 version, resolution more like the Atari 2600® (for originality).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems that nobody is interested !

Would be sufficient to adjust only the movements and events of the eagles in frames 3 and 4, and eliminate the collisions bug in the frame 5, so the little game is done.
    Once completed the program, could serve as a basis to create a remake seriously! (changing images of sprites).
    Absolutely I'm not asking how to convert the game from MMF2 to Atari 2600® emulator, or how to transfer the game in a eproom cartridge!!

The link is the same above!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry no one chimed in here to give you any advice, but do you know if there is a remake of this or the same game from that time period that can be played on the internet? If so,.I would study how things are done in the original and apply that to your game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KLiK-iT View Post
    ...but do you know if there is a remake of this or the same game from that time period that can be played on the internet? If so,.I would study how things are done in the original and apply that to your game.
    A nice remake is this:

http://www.caiman.us/pageN.php?nr=30...-MegaFenix.zip (Mega Phoenix *freeware*).

On level 3 and 4 (big eagles) the events are the same, but I've not idea which program they have used.

I would like to avoid creating 7 different eagles object, I think that experienced programmers simply create a single eagle and they do copy and paste, (a body, a right wing and a left wing) and they use a simple movement like bouncing ball!!

I would like be able to create movement Atari 2600 version (no wrap in game area when object leave game area). On original coin-op they wrap in game area when leave on the botton!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi daryuss,

If I understand your post correctly, this is what you are after: http://www.whenthereisnoroominhellth...MF/phoenix.mfa

To be honest, I stopped replying to your posts because your mfa switches my screen resolution to 640x480 and moves all my desktop icons to horrible places. There is no need to use "Change Resolution Mode". "Resize Display To Fill Window Size" is all you need. Nor is there any reason to change the graphics mode to 256 colours. Simply just don't use the other 16776960 colours. Call me pedantic, but when my computer switches colours or resolution without my permission, I get really, really angry!!!!

Happy coding my friend.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBurrows View Post
    Hi daryuss,

...Call me pedantic, but when my computer switches colours or resolution without my permission, I get really, really angry!!!!

Happy coding my friend.
    Hi friend

You are right if get angry! But for create this games genre I use 256 colors max and low resolution for simulate retro-originality!!! To create other games I use 16 billion colors etc.. For example, this game I would like realize As I explained in the introduction thread, Atari 2600 was 192x160 line max (I think so, but it is still a mistery). The next time I will follow your advice ("no change resoultion mode etc.."!)
    )
    In my computer icon and colours switches crazy also, when I try game on MMF2 in edit mode! But when I close application, desktop return normal without problems! (Windows 7).

... let's continue to share codes for next improvements !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link changed due connection problem, for help me (the development of the little game is still in the middle of the street :-( ) !

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mg2h3t43kw...0_RMK_MMF2.zip

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are you struggling with?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisBurrows View Post
    What are you struggling with?
    I'm not able to find code point x and y for put eagle where I want, at start of frame:

Stage 3 would be at start:

start_stage_3.jpg

Stage 4 would be at start:
    start_stage_4.jpg

Stage 5: it's complete, but I've not idea what is cause of bug collision sprites between fire and segments of the mother ship!

I can't find how reposition the remaining enemies to the initial position after the loss of life (i use: collision Between objects> substract 1 to number of lifes and "restart current frame").

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast