User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Beta 30: Some thinks to improve

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beta 30: Some thinks to improve

I've recently tested the Android Exporter Beta 30, and I found some things that are important to improve.

These things are not really bugs, I just think that not implemented or should be improved:

*Object - Display Options - Effect : Not Work

*The Android Object: no can selected like Global Object, and need include an Android Object in all frames just to detect the Back Button , for example.

*With use the action Load Frame Animation, the images not included in the apk, even activating the option Include external files in the Properties - Settings of the project.

* No can include a Splash image.

* The loading of an app is very very slow. For example, an app that once built the apk have about 8Mg.
    Once installed the application on the device, when you run it cliking in the icon, it takes about 20 seconds to open. During this load process the screen is black and no exist a load indicator or splash image, and the user may think that the application is crashed.
    I think it is necessary to improve the loading process.

I'm testing the Android Exporter Beta 30 with MMF2 Developer Build R254, over a SAmsung Galaxy TAB with Android 2.1

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiko View Post
    need include an Android Object in all frames just to detect the Back Button , for example.
    This is a fundamental thing with MMF2 though, if you want to use events within an object, that object will need to be in the frame you're in. I remember in the old Click & Create programs the 'global object' option used to mean the object would be present in every frame, but that works differently now. I'm afraid you just have to get into the habit of including it in every frame.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but the difference is that with global object the behavior is like one object, and in memory only there are one object and not one for each frame, i think.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kiko, I would add some bugs:

* Monochrome effect does not work.
    * The sound system mixes sounds fairly different channels.
    * The loop sounds do not work.

I think it would be nice to complete a single post in the forum, where we report bugs and make the task easier for James to review and fix.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This post is not for Bugs, is a simple some thinks to consider and improve.

The effects i think that not implemented for Android Extension.

And the sounds have problems if you have actived the option "Play sonds over the frames", width this option deactived the sounds works correctly including the loops.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right, I'll create a post just to report bugs, and that other testers can add topics and streamline the process Clickteam.

As for the sound, not only when it is set to "Play over frames" also occurs when not selected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the testing I've done the sounds always worked without problems deactivating the option "Paly Over Frames", but you commented that I always use Vorbis OGG format for sounds, because you can compress very well and uses less resources than the mp3 format, that might have something to do because the mp3 format have problems with little sounds.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use MP3 for music background and WAV for short sounds, OGG used before, but this format is converted to WAV at run time, which slows their reproduction. On Windows works perfectly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, but ogg is a good solution between mp3 (the best compress but more resources) and WAV (no compress)

I think that the best solution for maximum compatibility is the intermediate solution

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think just like you on the format, but the same Francois recommended an opportunity to use the wav to avoid missing the conversion at runtime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast