User Tag List

Thread: BUG: Active Picture > New Picture from Selector doesn't wait for image - Beta9

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUG: Active Picture > New Picture from Selector doesn't wait for image - Beta9

Seems like the Active Picture action New Picture from Selector isn't modal, so actions continue to work before the image has been loaded. This can result in the Active Picture acting on a Destroy action whilst waiting for a picture to be selected, resulting in a EXC BAD ACCESS crash. Most noticeable on iPad, since can see objects still moving in background whilst selecting a picture from Camera Roll/Photo Album.
    I'm using Beta9, but reckon this has always been like that.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a simple example to show the problem ActivePicture_LoadSelectorCrashMFA.zip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was experiencing something similar with the Camera object, but noticed in the XCode source that it used ho->pause and ho-> resume to pause the app during camera use (although the actions after the Take Photo action in the same event will still run, so be careful). Perhaps the Active Picture source code in CRunkcpica.m needs something similar when loading from selector?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andos, Francois & Yves - Sorry to bump, but this is still a problem for me (running 256.31). Any idea if it can be fixed?

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have no idea why I haven't seen this thread before now :S
    Will have a look.

What do you prefer? To pause the app while selecting the image or automatically dismiss the image selector if the Active Picture object is destroyed in the meantime?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Andos, I think pausing the app is preferable - that way i can use Is Picture Loaded to see if the user selected a picture or cancelled. At the moment I have no way to know when the user is done with the image selector!
    Also whilst I have your attention: Using the image selector, disregards the photo's orientation, so photos taken in portrait (orientation=3) appear in the Active Picture rotated to landscape. Any chance that you could use the orientation to pre-rotate the photo before passing it onto the Active Picture? Thanks!