User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with simple Pause Menu bug

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with simple Pause Menu bug

Hi
    I have a problem with a custom pause menu i have made.

When i press 'P' pause should initiate, stop all Objects from moving, and bring up the Pause Menu.
    When i left-click the 'RESUME GAME' button, all Objects should stop moving and the Pause menu should disapear.

This generally works, but if you press the 'P' Key and hit the Resume Button at the same time, the game doesnt pause although technicaly the Pause Menu should be there.
    I have attached a short and simple illustration of the problme.

Could someone pleace take a look at it and see if they can find out whats wrong?
    Or is this a bug i have no controll over?
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the time to look at it right now, but you might want to add a condition that says If you press P and you are NOT clicking on Resume then pause the game. After looking at the event editor you can't use Negate on user clicks on object, so you probably need to check a flag or alt value when the user clicks on resume and use that to test the condition.

A way I fixed this in a menu I made was to add a timer for the resume to work when you click on it. Have an alt value set to something like 50 for 1 sec (or less if you want a shorter delay). When the resume button is visible then subtract 1 from the value. Then just add Alt value = 0 + User clicks on Resume then unpause. That way it ignores any instant clicks on Resume.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing is, my code is totally logical and there is no reason it shouldent work as intended.

Well i found out i had overly complicated things, and i have managed to achieve the same result with only 2 Group Of Events with 1 Event in each, without any buggs or malfunctions.

I still dont know what was the cause of the problem in the original Example ( i still believe this is some sort of bug ), but i guess it doesnt matter much to me now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, if you're pressing P and clicking Resume at the same time, resume is going to unpause. That's not really a bug.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    - I press P and the resume button at the same time.
    - The programm ends up in Pause mode ( since Group Of Events "PAUSE MENU" is active and "PAUSE" is deactivated ), but the Object is still moving.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh okay I didn't know the actual pause menu was up at the same time (sorry still haven't a had a chance to look at the file). Usually though these things end up being conflicts in the events you use. I've had that on numerous occasions. I was under the impression you were saying the pause menu doesn't appear at all.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    King_Cool...I saw you MFA file.....why you dont just change this pause system.....change the option "press P to pause" to another button named "PAUSE GAME" in same position of the "RESUME GAME" button...then will be impossible to do a pause and unpause in same time, and will also be much more logical to you game...

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I didn't look at the project but it seems weird to have one key that pauses the game and then a button to resume... You could either just make the key toggle to paused/resumed, or make the button cilck to paused/resumed. Having both just opens up this possibility of error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think i understand the problem though.
    I built the code in good faith that all the code wasgoing to be triggered from top to bottom as it usually does.

But i recently learned about the 'Red Conditions'.
    The 'Red Conditions' are triggered as soon as the condition is met, regardless of where the Event Editor is in its top-to-bottom reading process.

'Left mouse click on Object' is a 'Red Condition', i havent checked but im pretty sure its this central Condition wich gets triggered at a certain unconvenient possition of the Event Editors reading process wich breaks the system i set up.

I am not using this sytem as my Menu System, i am using a much simpler and better system.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A key to pause and then a button to resume isn't unusual. It's not different than an Escape menu in any PC game. Trick is to have the button pause AND unpause as well. So for instance, Esc key opens and closes the menu. But you can click resume in the menu itself if you want to. It's all about options.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast