User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Run this event once VS Start of frame

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Run this event once VS Start of frame

I have an Event ( doesnt really matter what the event is, well it setts Objects AltValues and repositions the Object ). The Event has 1 Condition only.

I notice that when i swich the Condition from 'Start Of Frame' to 'Run this Event once', the results are different ( the Objects resulting possition is noticably different ) although the Actions remain exactly the the same!

Why is this happening?
    How does the Conditions 'Start Of Frame' and 'Run this Event once' work exactly?

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the problem.
    It seems 'Start Of Frame' Conditions allways run first, regardless of where they are placed in the Event Editor.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so wheres the actual problem apart from you not understanding how this all works?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there was no actuall problem i guess, i just didnt realize Start Of Frame Conditions allways ran first ( regardless or placement in the Event Editor )

EDIT: Specifically, i had a Group Of Events called "CHECK SETTING" wich loaded the setting values into the Start Menu. This "CHECK SETTING" group was placed at the top of the Event Editor befor the Start Of Frame Condition.
    I was under the Impression that the "CHECK SETTING" Conditions would run before the Start Of Frame Condition.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any conditions colored red in the event editor are "immediate conditions", and are always handled as soon as they are met, regardless of their position in the event list.
    "Start of Frame" is written in red...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt know that.
    Thanks for the info MuddyMole

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Any conditions colored red in the event editor are "immediate conditions", and are always handled as soon as they are met, regardless of their position in the event list."

I didnt know that too...thanks for the information man!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yes, the Start of frame events are called before the first game loop. Run event once are called with the rest of the events, within the game loop.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to understanding this correctly.

MuddyMole says that the Red Events are are always handled "as soon as they are met".
    ( Meaning the Red Events can get priority at any time during the Event Editor reading process "as soon as the Condition is met", if thats even possible )

While Francois says that Start of frame events ( im guessig this applies to all Red Events as well ) are called "before the first game loop".
    In other words, the Red Events are handeled first, before the rest of the Event Editor.

So... Wich explanation is true/ correct?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both are correct.
    "Start of frame" happens as soon as that condition is met - ie. at the start of the frame, before the first game loop.
    Other immediate (red) conditions happen as soon as they are met (in theory). That's how fastloops work - the "on loop" condition is an immediate (red) condition, so it is always handled immediately as soon as a "start fastloop" action triggers it, regardless of where it's placed in the event list.
    However, due to the fact that most immediate conditions relate to things like built-in movements/animations/keyboard input/etc which MMF2 handles separately from other events, they're often not actually handled until the start of the next frame after they are met (but before the other events).

For example:

1. Always
    -> Destroy Active

2. Always
    -> Set Counter_1 to 1

3. Last Active has been destroyed
    -> Set Counter_2 to value("Counter_1")

Logically, this should set set counter_2 to the initial value (0) of counter_1 because the "last active has been destroyed" condition should be handled immediately after line #1 - but in practice, both counters will read "1".

Note also, that if you have multiple conditions in one event, the immediate condition must come first, or it will turn into a normal condition (you'll notice it turns black) and will be handled according to its position in the event list.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast