User Tag List

Thread: Problem loading NVO XML file

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem loading NVO XML file

I'm not really sure what's goin on here. I feel it's best to just leave a download link and hopefully you'll be able to help me.

http://www.mediafire.com/?u0jr15fpuz8a7z8

It's 18 MB.

At anyrate, Here's what the problem is the best I can explain it. In one scene, you are given the opportunity to create a fighter. You select his nation. You select his appearance. You set his abilities. Then you press Save. At this point, you're information is stored in an Named Variable Object and then saved in a folder. All this works fine. It saves well enough. In the second situation, however, you are suppose to be able to "Load Fighter" from a list (Which is a subapplication object). This part, for some reason, throws an error. I select "Load from XML" and send the information into a second "LoadFighter" NVO. Then, it's suppose to set all the Creation tools to the dimensions befitting the selected and loaded fighter. It does not. It throws the error. I don't have a good debugger to directly find the problem. And after two days of prodding around and consolidating things, I've come to the point where I'm about to tear out what amounts to the graying hair that is clinging to my over-worked head! All kidding aside, I just really need some help with this.

In order to see the problem for yourself, just go to the "Fighter Factory" Create a fighter if you want, or if not, I've saved two already for you. When you are ready to reload the fighter, click the "LoadFighter" button in the top left hand corner, and watch it screw up. If this example is too big to pinpoint the mistake, I created a second, Temporary frame which is short and sweet and has the same problem. It may be better to use it as an example of how the XML thing works in the NVO. At any rate, I hope you guys can help. I'm sure you can.

I go to work in a few, so if I don't respond right off, be patient. I'll check it when I get home. Thanks.

****EDIT******

Oh yeah. I almost forgot. Two more things I nearly left out. To get to the "Frame 4" example problem, click the "Pushme" button on the main menu. Also, don't choose "Black" as color. For some reason, it screws things up. (Haven't fixed that yet.)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Though I really like the XML layout and structure. I tried a bunch of new examples and came to only one conclusion, there is a major BUG with the NVO loading XML files. It DOES save okay, but when you ask it to load it, it just returns an empty XML. None of the values or strings return. This should be addressed. And also, whoever created the NVO "help" site needs to update it. The descriptions of the expressions and the actions of the object are little more than a re-iteration of the given action. For instance. The Load XML, explanations says, "Loads data in XML format." Things like the Modified Flags could be discussed more in depth and there is NO mention to the option of "Open in own thread" option when you try to load or save a file. At any rate, The Save as NVO object will have to do, I reckon. Just thought I'd throw some feedback. Saving in a different (albeit unpreferred) manner has fixed the problem for now.