User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: A little guide to get started with the XNA exporter for Xbox

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2iOS Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, well I've set everything up and have managed to get an old game working on my xbox. It's very touchy with the fonts you use and make sure you add the information to the properties/XNA tab, or it draws up an error when compiling. The gamepad controller is very easy to use which is great!

Will run some screen resolution tests this afternoon and see what looks good!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how the ini work with the xna i force the player to sign in, but how i make save in the container? it will be usefull a tutorial.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok seems every time i put an ini extension file in a frame it get to be stored on the profile that is declared as player 1 if i make gamepad two being the player 1 save on his profile, so i want to choose among the profiles that are active, how can i do that? for my reason i have to keep gamepad 2 to be associate with player 2 and so on in the multiplayer mode so if i need to store save game for each character profile how can i do that?
    for the high score it could be needed to have a ini stored on the global container so the high score are the same for all profiles.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can use the 'set system player' in the xna object to change which player's data is to be loaded.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, if you are outside the US, to get paid you first have to fill in some tax related documents: http://community.clickteam.com/showthread.php?t=71736

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I should show my head around 'ere considering I've been using ye products for a while now.
    Anyway, straight to the point, I've just bought the XNA exporter and I'm just a little confused on this "testing controllers/assign controllers" merlark. (Took me a ickle while to figure out movement using the pads :3)

Anyway, so let me get this straight, if player 1 presses start you have to test for each controller? So like for players, 1,2,4 and 8? I'm just a bit baffled with the whole thing, considering I'm used to key presses :P (Working with flash and all)

Anyway yeah, tis all. I think I'll get the other stuff sorted out like, Gamer Services and other stuff. It's just a big step working with this XNA exporter from the flash one.
    -Sinclairian

(Yay for first post.)

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I designed the Gamepad object to take the problem of testing all the controllers into account.
    The parameter you pass to the function to test the gamepad is NOT the number of the player, but a binary number in which each bit represents a player to test. bit 1=player 1, bit 2=player 2, bit 3=player 3, bit 4=player 4.
    So if you want to test ALL the players at the same time, just pass 15, and your game will work with whatever gamepad is activated.

If your game uses INI, or Hiscores, you must display the device selector panel at the beginning of your application. So you must detect, as you say, the player connected. Do it in your menu screen, by using the "gamepad is connected" condition. Warning, this condition wants the number of the player based on ZERO (0=player 1, 1= player 2...) I know this is bad, but it is too late to change. Once the player is detected, pass it to the XNA object and all the system dialogs will use this gamepad.
    Please read the documentation of the XNA object (as well as the XNA documentation in MMF help, Distributing your application section).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, aye I think I might have gotten grips with it now =). Thanks for the heads up.

Only other issue I seem to be having is opening the file in Visual Basic 2010 Express. For some odd reason, it keeps saying,

"The application for project '(directory)\FILENAME.csproj' is not installed. Make sure the application for the project type (.csproj) is installed."

Any clues? I've installed everything that is stated on the list. Mmm. (And also all the service packs for Express)
    -Sinclairian

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can you ZIP your XNA MMF project and send it to me?
    And correction to what I said earlier.
    You cannot detect the player using the game with the "Gamepad is connected" condition. Your game will be rejected because the tester activate several gamepads and enter the game.
    You must detect directly which gamepad moves the options in your menu (by detecting which player presses A for example).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi François,
    Can i send you my project to have a look ?All work but my problem is only High Score,No input name with controllers 2..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast