User Tag List

Thread: 'Ink effects' in Flash?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

'Ink effects' in Flash?

Hi
    I have some question regarding the standard 'ink effects' and MMF2s Flash build.

I notice that most of the 'ink effects' for Flash builds are grayed out ( except semitransparency ).
    Why is this?

Is it possible to make an Object have the Subtract effect and have alterable Semitransparency?

#3A
    To the right of the 'ink effects' it says "dx8" or "dx9".
    Does this mean DirectX8 and DirectX9?

#3B
    If so, what happens if i run the Application on a machine that does not have the required DirectX version?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    I.L.T.D.O.I.R (I.L.T.D.O.I.R's Location: The Dimension Of Infinite Recursion)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #1 There is an extension for using effects on objects in flash, but I think it requires a higher version of flash. So basically, it's because it would lessen compatibility (I think).

#2 It might be, but not in flash without that extension (if it's possible at all).

#3A It sure does. dx is short for DirectX.

#3B If you are using HWA, then I think what happens is the effect doesn't show up (not certain if that's the way it works though). If using standard mode, then you can ignore the DirectX requirements (I think), because standard doesn't require any version of DirectX (as far as I know, anyway).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You should update MMF, King_Cool. Francois added some ink effects, I think Add and Subtract.

#2 With my extension which happygreenfrog posted, it is. It's easy: Select the object, then set the alpha to 0.5 or so (for 50%), and set the blend mode to "Subtract"! About the compatibility: hgf was right, there's less compatibility because mine requires Flash 10. But Flash 10 has been out for ages! It shouldn't be a problem. You need to set the Flash version to "10.0.0.0" in the properties of the MFA!

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, that explains it!
    I think i was trying to set the Alpha to a high number like 50 - 255 or something ( like i do for regular SemiTrans ), and thats why it didnt work.
    Thanks for explainig Looki

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would happen if you didn't have Flash 10? Would it ignore the effect and the game still be playable or would the game fail to run? I only ask because I've used the Flash FX blend modes but never set the Flash properties to "10.0.0.0"

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    What would happen if you didn't have Flash 10? Would it ignore the effect and the game still be playable or would the game fail to run? I only ask because I've used the Flash FX blend modes but never set the Flash properties to "10.0.0.0"
    That's because back in the day, that property didn't exist and I had to modify the Flash config file. Basically a download of Flash Fx used to come with a config patch that makes the game run using Flash 10! If you didn't know that, I'm sorry for having caused trouble there. A Flash 10 game NEEDS 10, it won't run with 9. But as I said, all desktop PCs should use 10, really...